Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I have a 2009 Lime Green Versys. I am looking for a slip on exhaust. My Christmas present to myself.

I am after something that sounds racing like. For example: a buddy of mine has a Honda Repsol and is running a Jardine RT1. I am after that type of sound if that helps any. He also threw out a D&D as a possible choice. I am NOT after throaty and rumbling. I am after loud, obnoxious and legal. I have to get it inspected after all.

I have a Honda Fury that I ride 2up on that sounds respectible etc... So when I am on the Versys I am out to have fun. So a loud obnoxious system is not so much of a problem. :)

Thanks! Any ideas or thoughts are welcome.

Victrix

·
Registered
293 Posts
A lot of Versys owners who like "loud", go for the Two Brothers can. Personally I like my Stainless Yoshimura pipe without the "quiet plug". It's music to my ears even with earplugs. It has a more refined sound than the Two Bros so it might not be your cup o' tea.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raspy

In reading up on the slip ons, I have discovered that the sound I am after is "Raspy" :)

Victrix

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
The 2008 Versys (red) I bought not long ago had a Two Brothers carbon slip-on already mounted, plus a Corbin saddle, and the MRA Vario touring windscreen. Lots of nice goodies which made the purchase price quite appealing.
I do like the "racing" sound of the Two Brothers although at times it does seem a bit loud to my Social Security-eligible ears, particularly in our sedate neighborhood of retirees. Gotta keep their hearts beating somehow, so I see myself as offering a public service!
Still, the Two Brothers weighs a ton less than the stock muffler, which was also included with the bike, (not to mention the stock saddle) and looks good. Additionally, it appears to be very well constructed. What's more, I can't bring myself to remove what my research reveals to be a rather expensive add-on.
Good luck with whatever you select.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with the Jardine GP-1

Well,

After reading posts, talking to pipecity.com folks and various riding buddies. I went with the Jardine GP-1.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for the info!

victrix:D

·
Registered
434 Posts
No matter what pipe you purchase it will not sound like your friends Honda.

Inline-4 vs P-Twin, two different sounds altogether. You will have throaty and rumbly....

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
No matter what pipe you purchase it will not sound like your friends Honda.

Inline-4 vs P-Twin, two different sounds altogether. You will have throaty and rumbly....
+10 and dont get disappointed.

My personal choice =Yoshi TRC-D.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jardine Installed

I installed the Jardine Moto GP1 on my 2009 Versys. It sounds awesome. It is low and throaty until you hit the end, and the rasp is there. It is awesome!

Victrix

·
Registered
699 Posts
love my Arrow full system w/o baffle ;)
+1 on the full Arrow full system. Add a PCV and an aftermarket air filter and you have great running, more HP/torque and great looking system that is ready to add more go-fast parts or not. Great addition to the V.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts