Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my two dual sport bikes (KLX 250S and XT 250) I put on a FMF Q4 and FMF Powercore 4 respectively. On decel with each bike I get a little popping, actually kind of like it on the dual sports.

Does anyone experience decel popping on the V with a slip-on? Thinking about the Arrow and don't want the decel popping on the V.

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
When i first put on the yoshi i noticed a pop every once in awhile. Now i can't remember the last time i heard one.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yep, me too. More like Mushin says after a quick hard twist of the wrist. Hey what year XT250 do have 2008? I traded mine for my Versys and miss it more than I thought I would..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have had a arrow on my V for the past 3 years. Every once and in a while I will get a few pops on decel, but it is very rare. I have done nothing to the engine or exaust setup other than the slip on. Some have gone and done a change to a certain hose on the intake to eliminate the pops, but Im not really sure what as I never really had the problem.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
Just remembered haven't heard a pop since i installed the new headers.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey what year XT250 do have 2008? I traded mine for my Versys and miss it more than I thought I would..
08 XT and 09 KLX 250s. Keep them up at the lake in the western North Carolina mountains, a lot of good roads and trails. They both are a lot of fun!

·
Registered
46 Posts
My 2007 has never popped on decel with the cheap DanMoto pipe. Never.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a couple quick questions concerning slip-on exhausts. I've been thinking about getting a LeoVince or a Two Brothers system.

a. Do these slip-ons have any sort of catalytic converter feature?

b. Are these systems able to be installed with normal auto tools and mechanical experience (no welding?).

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a couple quick questions concerning slip-on exhausts. I've been thinking about getting a LeoVince or a Two Brothers system.

a. Do these slip-ons have any sort of catalytic converter feature?

b. Are these systems able to be installed with normal auto tools and mechanical experience (no welding?).

a. The slip-ons eliminate the catalytic converter...

b. No welding just a socket wrench and sockets or wrenches will do the trick.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sucks they don't have a small cat converter or something, but glad to know they're easy to install. Will probably dump my money into extra farkles (aux lights, radiator guard, footpegs, skid plate, and tailbag) prior to getting the exhaust which is more of a money pit with less return. I do really want to alter the sound in a positive way though eventually. Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
Getting rid of the stock exhaust for a slip-on gets rid of about 10lbs

·
Registered
333 Posts
Getting rid of the stock exhaust for a slip-on gets rid of about 10lbs
Good to know! I'm sure every pound counts with motorcycles. Too bad my TraX boxes weight a ton. I love those things though; easily the best hard boxes I've seen on any motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
When you remove the OEM muffler/catalytic converter, there is no longer any need for the PAIR (air injection) system. The excess air from that in the exhaust system causes the popping. Lift the gas tank and you'll see a big rubber hose in the top of the airbox. Pull it off the fitting and shove something in it that fits snugly and blocks it off, then reconnect it. The popping will go away.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts