Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Friday I bought a very slightly used, low mileage 09 Versys (sorry, no pics yet but you guys already know what a Green 09 looks like so you arent missing anything). In reality, I traded an 06 KLR and some $$$ for the Versys. It broke my heart to watch the KLR drive away but the Versys fits my needs a little better. I need something a little larger and more streetable than the KLR. My search for a motorcycle concentrated on the Versys, Wee-Strom, and a very nice condition FZ6 down the road from me. I chose the Versys because it is the best suited to me and my needs. I was sold on the Versys after I rode one, what a wonderfully smooth, fast and well handling motorcycle, then again, Im used to riding a tall, lowpowered tank of a motorcyle so my opinion may be skewed.
Im actually looking forward to blowing the dust off my credit card and "farkling" the KLE like I did my beloved KLR.
First things I need to tackle are luggage and a swingarm lift.
90% of what I do on the bike will be commuting to/from work and just generally running around locally, with the occational 2-up day trip.
As for the luggage, Ive been reading and shopping around and I think Im probably getting a set of SWMotech side and tail racks and a pair of Givi E21s for now and probably a top case of some type later. Im getting a small tank bag as well, probably a Bag Connections on a Motech Quick Loc.
As for getting the bike in the air, Im headed to Harbor Freight tomorrow for their spool lift (Ive already got spools).
In the distant future Im looking at installing a 12 volt plug and getting a bigger windshield (sometime before winter).

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
223 Posts
:welcome: Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking about picking up agently used Verys myself. I wish they had demo rides around here :mad:
A test ride is what really sold me on the Versys.
I just bought a used 09 with just 250 miles on it. I was able to test ride it and that was all she wrote, bye, bye KLR, hello KLE.

·
Registered
255 Posts
A test ride is what really sold me on the Versys.
I just bought a used 09 with just 250 miles on it. I was able to test ride it and that was all she wrote, bye, bye KLR, hello KLE.
Just 250 miles on an 09. Sounds to me like previous owner purchased the wrong type bike. And you benefit !!!

My 09 purchased new last year has over 2900 miles on it. And I don't ride as much as I would like.

Enjoy, it's a great bike for the $$$.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and when you are not doing anything to it, would stare at it. :)
That is hilarious....
So I assume Im not the only one who just stands and stares at their new toys?
Its really kind of wierd, isnt it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts