Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a ride up past Santa Barbara today. Heading to lunch while turning onto the road for some reason i looked off to my left taking my eyes off where i should be going and as soon as i looked back "Bam" hit a road sign real good hit right on the hand guard. Good hard jolt but continued to the lunch spot once parked just looked at the hand guard not a scratch. While heading back got to the sign and it was laying on it side. We stopped for a gas break and i noticed the scratch on the Givi and Lower Panel. While riding home i put my foot up on the highway peg and it seemed closer than it had been took the photos at home and where the internal pin was on the left side you can see the damage to the inside of the peg holder and also the damage on the outside from the force of the hit. Then a boat trailer starts to fly apart just minutes after the gas stop. Beats Sitting At Home Though.:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
212 Posts
As for the "Sign Punch", I hope she was cute!

As for the "Tire Dance", "That's my boat......." (in Forrest Gump voice)

Glad you are ok!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good "you" made it out and back unscathed.
That tire would've hurt!
Didn't any of the other bikers have cameras?
Looks like you were the chosen one on that ride!
Sheesh!

Good reminder for us to keep our guards up, when on the road.
Crazy day. No more like that, eh!:cheers:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thankfully you all made it out alright!

I first saw the sign and thought "wow that sounded kinda solid. That could have really hurt." The Tire though.. :eek: Wow!!
How fast were you traveling when the trailer started coming apart?

·
Premium Member
16,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankfully you all made it out alright!

I first saw the sign and thought "wow that sounded kinda solid. That could have really hurt." The Tire though.. :eek: Wow!!
How fast were you traveling when the trailer started coming apart?

Was a very solid hit i have the volume set to the lowest setting on the camera. Not sure on the speed if i had to guess i'd say in the 70mph area. Fast lane in Cali so ?????????? .;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I hate when my ride stories turn out to be cautionary tails....

Seriously, glad you are ok!

Very nice controlled reactions when the "boat people" tried to kill you. Good video for novice riders to watch what can really happen out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts