Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered by 2011 Versys and of course now need to lower the side stand. A search on here showed that the Ninja 650 side stand was a good replacement for the '09 models and fit perfectly.

Does anyone know if the side stand from a '11 ninja or er-6n will fit a '11 Versys? If not, any suggestions on what will fit?

Thank you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
a adv moto did a versys adv build and they recomended trying a side stand from a klr. so i did and it is a very noticeable improvement. the bike settles down on the stand with more firmness and doesn't seem so "sketchy" as stock. if you use a lowering kit(i did) just cut the stand to suit and weld the foot back on.

·
Registered
391 Posts
a adv moto did a versys adv build and they recomended trying a side stand from a klr. so i did and it is a very noticeable improvement. the bike settles down on the stand with more firmness and doesn't seem so "sketchy" as stock. if you use a lowering kit(i did) just cut the stand to suit and weld the foot back on.
I did the same. I lowered the Versys, cut the foot of, cut about 1 inch out of the stand and rewelded the foot on. The bike is more stable with the KLR stand. Great mod.:thumb:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Flatfoot

I also lowered my bike and cut and used the flatfoot BECAUSE the flatfoot has more surface area if I stop on a gravel surface.

cb

·
Registered
944 Posts
Flatfoot alone does not require welding, but cutting, yeah. But the first time your bike falls over from the sportbike sidestand sinking into the dirt you'll wish you had taken the trouble to do it.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Or you can just make one of these from a piece of 4" x 4" aluminum. The string goes over your mirror so you don't need to bend down when you're leaving....

:goodidea:

...for about $1...!

:yeahsmile:

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Flatfoot alone does not require welding, but cutting, yeah. But the first time your bike falls over from the sportbike sidestand sinking into the dirt you'll wish you had taken the trouble to do it.
Or you can buy the 650 sidestand and buy a 650 flatfoot and be happy like me with your lowered versys. The nice thing is I can still go to stock without having to replace a cut stand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts