Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I got my 2013 Versys 650 this week and looking into getting side cases (rigid).
I started looking into Givi E22 but was wondering if any members had ideas for small side cases without breaking the bank that could be cheaper than the Givi with support and all.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi
I got my 2013 Versys 650 this week and looking into getting side cases (rigid).
I started looking into Givi E22 but was wondering if any members had ideas for small side cases without breaking the bank that could be cheaper than the Givi with support and all.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Try looking at Shad SH23s. A bit less expensive that Givi but looks similar and built just as good. They use a three point mount.
I have them on my Versys 300X

https://www.shadusa.com/pages/shad-side-cases

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I will look into the shad system and the kappa. I was also thinking about making a custom frame. Has anybody tried that before.

·
Registered
279 Posts
price check and try to get the best deal on a reputable brand. BUT, consider saddle bags with zipper locks. they don't break when you tip over, they protect your bike, and are durable. i still have mine after 9 years though the rain covers gave up the ghost after 5 years. i since made homemade covers that work even better. the zipper locks discourage opportunistic thieves. (determined thieves will break into anything.) i do have a givi 48 liter top case. i use the top case around town and add the saddle bags with matching pillion bag touring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a pair of ogio soft cases but they sag a bit plus they hit the flashers. It would probably be better if there was a metal frame behind the saddle bags.

·
Registered
496 Posts
You can get Givi stuff much cheaper from Italy, even with shipping. Try motostorm.it. I've had great luck with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts