Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local Givi dealer and he made me an offer for side cases plus racks
Total package price was:
1. Givi E21 - 200 eur
2. Givi E22 - 215 eur
3. Givi E360 - 235 eur

I read a lot of people use the E21 and are satisfied but the E22 look great and are the newer model. The E360 are on the list cause of luggage capacity.
Practicality: I really like the top loading of the E21 and E22.
I also have the Givi E470 top box so I don't think I need the 40l E360 as the top box holds 2 helmets.
Does anyone have the E22 on their bike?
What is your 0.02$ on this one?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Just looked up a picture of the E22s. They look great. I've been using E21s for 2 years now and love their size and top loading. The E22s look like a nice evolution of a good thing. I vote for those.

·
Registered
643 Posts
The new E22s do look nice. You have to ask yourself if the angular styling of the E22s will go with the rounded E470. That price for the E360s is phenomenal. Are all the prices for a complete set of racks and bags for both sides? E360s are quite a bit more expensive than E21s in the U.S., and the E21s come in pairs only while the E360s are sold singly.

I have a pair of E21s and a pair of E360s, along with a small top box. The E21s are small, you don't realize how small until you see them.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had E21's on the 650 and really liked them mainly for the top opening feature.
On the 1000 I went with the Trekkers which are also top opening but much larger. 33 litres

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new E22s do look nice. You have to ask yourself if the angular styling of the E22s will go with the rounded E470. That price for the E360s is phenomenal. Are all the prices for a complete set of racks and bags for both sides? E360s are quite a bit more expensive than E21s in the U.S., and the E21s come in pairs only while the E360s are sold singly.

I have a pair of E21s and a pair of E360s, along with a small top box. The E21s are small, you don't realize how small until you see them.
Yes the prices are for a complete set of racks and bags...they have the E360 in stock,I would have to wait about a month for the others,but I am not in a hurry
Can you send me a picture of the E360s mounted on the bike?
I am leaning towards the E22s but the price of the E360s is making me think...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went to the local Givi dealer and he made me an offer for side cases plus racks
Total package price was:
1. Givi E21 - 200 eur
2. Givi E22 - 215 eur
3. Givi E360 - 235 eur

I read a lot of people use the E21 and are satisfied but the E22 look great and are the newer model. The E360 are on the list cause of luggage capacity.
Practicality: I really like the top loading of the E21 and E22.
I also have the Givi E470 top box so I don't think I need the 40l E360 as the top box holds 2 helmets.
Does anyone have the E22 on their bike?
What is your 0.02$ on this one?
Zdravo Vlatko, here you can check the looks of GIVI E22 on my Versys:

If anyone is interested, the pictures were taken excatly from this spot on Adriatic route, Croatia: http://tinyurl.com/pj6gm7j

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
To me, the 21s and 22s look better on cruisers. I'd go with Trekker or V35 bags on the Versys depending on the look you are going for.

Heck, a lot of guys turn the Versys into a cruiser with the Corbin seat, risers, lower footpegs, etc. So if that is what you are going for, then get the 21 or 22s.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just put them on today and on the other side...looks better in my opinion and the slope is towards the front so it won't interfere with the passenger's legs
20140708_175519.jpg

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I've had this debate with the E21s, to the point I've needed pictures to prove the E21s are NOT symetrical and do, in fact, have a front and back. With the E22s, the asymetry is far more obvious. To each his own, but IMHO ^these just look like they were put on backwards.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Re the new E22s, I think the classic streamlining profile would have the blunt end forward with the gentle slope going to the rear. The pic of them "backwards" obviously shows more passenger leg clearance. You can always swap 'em in just a few seconds.

I like the E22s better than the E21s that I have, but the E21s match my rounded small Givi top box better.The E22s match the Shad box in Fantocci's pics perfectly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts