Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I opted for single filament LEDs on the side cases. Red running lights and amber turn indicators.

In the mean time, I'm contemplating a few options for an additional brake light.
Something that stays on the bike when the side cases are removed.

The area where the license plate is mounted appears to be very sturdy, and I thought maybe mount an over-sized plate behind the license and put a light on either side.

Ideas? Photos?

On our Super Tenere - there was a reflector mounted right below the license plate light. This is a Whelen light with three very bright LEDs and 12 flash modes built in. It was $50. It's mounted to a piece of aluminum plate (drilled and tapped) and then the place is mounted to the rear fender, using the original holes for the reflector.

·
Premium Member
16,106 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
AdMore Lighting's LED kit for Giving V35 Hard cases. Excellent. Sorry I can't include photos - the Versys is 2400 miles away at the moment.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the "stopper brake light" from cycle gear.

found here: http://www.cyclegear.com/GYB-PRODUCTS-Stopper-BrakePlate-LED-Light

It was incredibly cheap, and I bought the extra resistor so it would also be a running light. It was kind of a cinch to wire, although I never really like splicing just because of the later troubleshooting issues that tend to come up.

It is the clear version since thats the only color my local cycle gear had.

just as bright, if not brighter than the OEM light at night, but the clear lense means it isn't viewable from the side suring the day. From behind, it's still very bright. I may be adding a modulator to this at some point soon so I can get some stobe out of it, and not mess with my tail light wiring. I still need to add a three wire trailer disconnect.

Running:

Brake:

It's pretty damn bright, and makes me feel better about a light on the back of my seahorse case instead of the OEM which is kind of under it.

Although I got my license blocked out, I added an LED license light, and I think that actually helps with visibility. It seems like reflective material glows more brilliantly under led light than regular bulbs. I also added a license box for my paperwork, so I had to remove my license bracket in order to get it to illuminate fully. No big deal, just more black silicone.

As a side note, the box is cheap and handy, although its another key.

Found here: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/stash-box-lockable-license-plate-storage-box-by-twisted-throttle

It is by no means waterproof, but a plastic bag around your registration and insurance makes it easy. I also keep a tire gauge in there.

Also, side note:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Heres my bright lights. Sorry I don't have a shot from rear with side bags on. They have extra tail/brake lights too. You can see a little of them i the last photo.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts