·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
130 Posts
View attachment 185139
View attachment 185138
Week Five

Kawasaki 12v DC Socket

Today I installed the relay; the DC Socket works now. Installation is simply plugging the relay into the existing connector. The service manual and the instructions that come with the relay said to remove the windscreen and the middle inner fairing, I didn't. Neither need to be removed for this job. I did follow the instructions in the service manual for removing the side cover, middle fairing and upper fairing. Takes a few minutes longer, but gives great access to the relay connector and the relay mounting point. View attachment 185137
Very nice ! I like that clean factory look !

Reactions: GeoGator

·
Registered
2021 Versys-X 300 2021 Z900RS
87 Posts
Very nice ! I like that clean factory look !
Kawasaki parts, kinda expensive; right at $100 for the 12v socket and the relay. I made the mistake of letting the shop attempt the install. It's an easy install, can be done in 30 minutes. It's plug and play.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Kawasaki parts, kinda expensive; right at $100 for the 12v socket and the relay. I made the mistake of letting the shop attempt the install. It's an easy install, can be done in 30 minutes. It's plug and play.
Is the plug "cigarette lighter" ... or USB ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks similar to the one I added a couple of years ago when I added the crash bars & auxiliary lights. Except I purchased the power port from a BPS store for 20 bucks for outdoor marine boating use. I do the same thing and use a USB port adaptor when I need to convert the power port to a USB devise.

·
Registered
130 Posts
  • Haha

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
  • Haha

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did a half day ride to the Peace River swamp area northeast of Fort Meade today. Really nice day, temps were in the upper 70's and clear skies. While walking along the bank of the river (heavy brush), I stumbled upon and startled a gator, who in turn startled the hell out of me when he jumped up and splashed into the river. He was laying on the bank sunning himself.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Did a half day ride to the Peace River swamp area northeast of Fort Meade today. Really nice day, temps were in the upper 70's and clear skies. While walking along the bank of the river (heavy brush), I stumbled upon and startled a gator, who in turn startled the hell out of me when he jumped up and splashed into the river. He was laying on the bank sunning himself.

Nice day for a ride - love those blue skies!

About 36 for a high in NW Georgia today... supposed to be 18 in the morning. I guess I'll keep my happy self inside as much as possible!

·
Registered
130 Posts
View attachment 185139
View attachment 185138
Week Five

Kawasaki 12v DC Socket

Today I installed the relay; the DC Socket works now. Installation is simply plugging the relay into the existing connector. The service manual and the instructions that come with the relay said to remove the windscreen and the middle inner fairing, I didn't. Neither need to be removed for this job. I did follow the instructions in the service manual for removing the side cover, middle fairing and upper fairing. Takes a few minutes longer, but gives great access to the relay connector and the relay mounting point. View attachment 185137
@GeoGator - did you ever install that SW Motech center stand ? I'm leaning toward the T-Rex (a little cheaper, and I like the quality of the crash bars and skid plate that were on my bike when I bought it) ... but would like to know how you like the SW Motech ... if you have installed it. (I saw it was on one of your to-do lists a while back ... but searched through the posts and couldn't find it.

EDIT: OK I did see where you installed it ... and looks very good. Anything you particularly do... or don't like about it ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
@GeoGator - did you ever install that SW Motech center stand ? I'm leaning toward the T-Rex (a little cheaper, and I like the quality of the crash bars and skid plate that were on my bike when I bought it) ... but would like to know how you like the SW Motech ... if you have installed it. (I saw it was on one of your to-do lists a while back ... but searched through the posts and couldn't find it.

EDIT: OK I did see where you installed it ... and looks very good. Anything you particularly do... or don't like about it ?
I've had SW Motech center stands on a few bikes, high quality, never a problem. I suspect that the T-Rex is good also; although I say that having no experience with any T-Rex product.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Today's Ride - Key Largo
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Water

Green Natural environment Font Motor vehicle Water

Rowell's Waterfront Park looking across Blackwater Sound to the Everglades National Park on the mainland.
Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Fuel tank

·
Registered
87 Posts
Today's Ride - Key Largo (cont.)

This happened:
Automotive lighting Sleeve Tints and shades Vehicle door Wheel

:)

·
Registered