Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);

Registered
I spent the last 7 years in the Philippines, same riding season. Now in Miami, same riding season. :)
I'm feeling "not well traveled" ... I have been in only 5 US states ... all in the southeast. (GA, TN, AL, NC, FL)... you guys make me want to stretch my horizons a bit 馃槀

I did drive a Mitsubishi Mirage in Grand Cayman... which wasn't much bigger than a motorcycle... but still had 4wheels, so doesn't qualify 馃槣

Registered
2021 Versys-X 300 2021 Z900RS
Week Four (part 1)

Barkbuster (B.B.) VPS Handguard Install Completed

-I bought the wrong B.B. kit and had the Dealership install them. There was a gap because of no bar end weights.
Font Bicycle part Bumper Tool Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle fork

-I bought the Wee Versys (Versys-X) specific kit.
Product Font Line Bicycle part Sink

-I used the bar end weights from the Wee Versys kit and the and the accessory bar end weights.
Grey Font Material property Electronic device Technology

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle

-No more gap.
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Hood

-I conducted a balls on dead accurate measurement of the weight difference between the OEM
Tap Drinkware Plumbing fixture Material property Tool

and the B.B. bar end weights by holding one set in one hand and the other set in the other hand and then I switched hands.

-They weigh the same. :)

-The wrong B.B. kit has longer aluminum bars. I used the longer bars because they lined up better than the bars that came with the Wee Versys specific kit.
Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Hardwood

-I think that if I drill out the end of the spare aluminum bars I can mount the OEM bar weights and bar end sliders, if I ever needed to.

-I like the OEM bar sliders, although the B.B. accessory bar end weights and accessory skid plates appear to be just as robust as the OEM setup.
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

-I decided to add the extra wind deflectors.
-I am very happy with the outcome.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Registered
Week Four (part 2)

Kawasaki 12v DC Socket

-I ordered the accessory DC Socket from the dealership's parts department and had them install it.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive lighting

-It doesn't work. :(

-It turns out that a relay kit has to be installed to make it work.
-I ordered the relay kit.
-I will complete the install.
Cosmetics Circuit component Font Audio equipment Eyelash

Registered
Ah鈥ropical, your pix are making me miss Thailand. Altho I鈥檝e never ridden an mc there
Thailand is a great country for riding, if you avoid Bangkok. The driving standatds are 'interesting' - so you can never relax, and as you'll know, heat can be an issue in the summer, but the roads can be good, and the views are great.
Tire Plant Sky Wheel Cloud

Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Plant

Registered
Fun day -- did about 60 miles around home in "historic Chickamauga". With my brother on his CRF300L Rally.

Good 70 degree Christmas here in NW Georgia!
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Plant

Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape Tree Grass

Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Plant

Registered
Fun day -- did about 60 miles around home in "historic Chickamauga". With my brother on his CRF300L Rally.

Good 70 degree Christmas here in NW Georgia!
[]
Nice shots, looks fun. How do you feel tHe CRF 300 Rally compares to your Versys?

Registered
Nice shots, looks fun. How do you feel tHe CRF 300 Rally compares to your Versys?
We switched rides a couple of times. The Honda is set up better for off road, and has better low end power. The seat is softer. The Kawasaki is smoother running, handles better on the road, and has more overall power once you get in the revs.

The seat is higher on the honda... but oddly, your knees are tucked up higher too. I liked the seating geometry better on the Kawi ... even though the seat is extra firm.

If the computer is to be believed, the Kawi got 60mpg and the Honda 70.

Even though the Kawi weighs in 70ish pounds heavier... it doesn't feel any heavier.

I like them both... guess I prefer the Kawi for my taste.

That's all I can think of ... let me know if you have any other questions... we plan to ride together often... so I can do another review if necessary 馃槈

Registered
We switched rides a couple of times. The Honda is set up better for off road, and has better low end power. The seat is softer. The Kawasaki is smoother running, handles better on the road, and has more overall power once you get in the revs.

The seat is higher on the honda... but oddly, your knees are tucked up higher too. I liked the seating geometry better on the Kawi ... even though the seat is extra firm.

If the computer is to be believed, the Kawi got 60mpg and the Honda 70.

Even though the Kawi weighs in 70ish pounds heavier... it doesn't feel any heavier.

I like them both... guess I prefer the Kawi for my taste.

That's all I can think of ... let me know if you have any other questions... we plan to ride together often... so I can do another review if necessary 馃槈
Useful overview ..... thank you!

Registered
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Week Five

Kawasaki 12v DC Socket

Today I installed the relay; the DC Socket works now. Installation is simply plugging the relay into the existing connector. The service manual and the instructions that come with the relay said to remove the windscreen and the middle inner fairing, I didn't. Neither need to be removed for this job. I did follow the instructions in the service manual for removing the side cover, middle fairing and upper fairing. Takes a few minutes longer, but gives great access to the relay connector and the relay mounting point.
Cosmetics Circuit component Font Audio equipment Eyelash

41 - 60 of 79 Posts