Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm about to pick up a 2011 versys and know that one of my first mods will be to paint it something much faster ;)

i've seen a few V's on the road with custom paint jobs - curious if anyone here has gone that route, and if so, will post a pic or three. inspire me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay its not a pro paint job, done with a rattle can.
that's a nice job - amazing what a relatively small amount of paint can do for a bike.

on a similar note - has anyone imported the plastic from europe? i much prefer the stock yellow (Pearl Solar Yellow), and ordering those parts looks to be around $450, but i'm guessing the taxes/shipping will be a big factor too.

curious how much a "pro" paint job would cost - with clearcoat etc.

i've had a few bike pieces done and it's rarely cheap. also done a few myself but have limited use of the necessary equipment.

·
Registered
56 Posts
that's a nice job - amazing what a relatively small amount of paint can do for a bike.

on a similar note - has anyone imported the plastic from europe? i much prefer the stock yellow (Pearl Solar Yellow), and ordering those parts looks to be around $450, but i'm guessing the taxes/shipping will be a big factor too.

curious how much a "pro" paint job would cost - with clearcoat etc.

i've had a few bike pieces done and it's rarely cheap. also done a few myself but have limited use of the necessary equipment.
I just decided to do the same to my 2011 go to Pearl Solar and this is what i was quoted by Color Rite for the paint and stuff required, no shipping or labor to apply...
To paint these parts you will need a quart of the base color (197.95), a quart of the top color (197.95), a quart of our clear coat which comes with a hardener ($59.95), a quart of our primer which comes with a hardener ($59.95), and two quarts of reducer ($23.95). Thats $540 before shipping and import duty in Costa Rica so i am looking at $675 just for supplies, were can i buy ready to go panels?

thanks
rick:feedback:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts