Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am going to be getting my license next April and i want a dual sportish bike. i don't want a bike that can do really muddy and sandy stuff just something that can make it through a little bit of gravel. i have looked at a v-strom and a Versys, i sat on both and personally liked the feel on the Versys. the Versys felt flick able and i am just the right height for it. so if i am going to ride lets say 95% road and 5% off road and the off road would not be to rough would the Versys be the bike for me?

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
No question. I had a Vstrom right before the Versys and no comparison, the Versys is way more fun to ride!!

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
you will more than likely drop your first bike so you might want to invest in engine guards and hand guards to minimise the damage when you do.

I believe the old style KLR650 or a DRZ400S make better 1st bikes, but as long as you know what you are getting into it is your decision.

BTW. Just about any bike made can handle 95% street 5% gravel when in capable hands.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you will more than likely drop your first bike so you might want to invest in engine guards and hand guards to minimise the damage when you do.

I believe the old style KLR650 or a DRZ400S make better 1st bikes, but as long as you know what you are getting into it is your decision.

BTW. Just about any bike made can handle 95% street 5% gravel when in capable hands.

nah i want a first bike that will last a while i sat on the klr and i hated the feeling of it. also my dad has a beasty bmw and even 5% offroad is hard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts