Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am new here as I just picked up my 2015 Versys 650LT yesterday. I want to lower my bike using the Motowerks kit. I don't want to cut my kickstand though in case I ever want to put it back to stock height.

Do any of you know if there is another shorter stock kickstand that will work on the 2015 650? I know the Ninja 650 kickstands worked on the older Versys but not sure if there is something for the new ones? I see there are also adjustable kickstands but I really don't want to drop $140 on a kickstand. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here is my stock kickstand from the 2015 650:

DSC_0249.jpg

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Welcome!

How about shortening the original kickstand, and if you decide later to undo it you buy a factory part to replace it?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey everyone,

I am new here as I just picked up my 2015 Versys 650LT yesterday. I want to lower my bike using the Motowerks kit. I don't want to cut my kickstand though in case I ever want to put it back to stock height.

View attachment 66689
I did this. The ninja 650 stand fit just fine. When you order from motowerks tell them you that the flatfoot is for the ninja kickstand. They are really helpful and concerned you get the correct parts the first time.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I believe the KLR kick stand was a replacement for some years of "Versys. You can get an aftermarket KLR kick stand that is adjustable, or shortened. The KLR having a bigger plate on the lower bit than a Vers or a Ninja.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Lower the bike first and see if you are unhappy with the existing kickstand. A lowering kit only lowers the bike 1 inch. My bike was lowered previously and the stock kick stand was just fine. I find the stock kickstand is a bit short for the taller stock suspension height as it is and causes the bike to lean over excessively. It's just about right with the lowering kit installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the one that I ended up buying. It is off of a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja Ex 650A. I will let you know how it works out after I install it on my 2015 (hopefully within the next week or two).

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I lowered the bike today. First off, the Motowerks kit is great! The 2007 Ninja 650 kickstand did NOT fit on my 2015 650LT. The cut out right under the attachment bolt was not deep enough so it would not allow the stand to pivot. I am disappointed as I was under the impression that it would work. I guess I will be cutting the stock kickstand after all and ordering the kickstand kit from Motowerks. I just wanted to let anyone with a 2015 know what to expect.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Okay, I lowered the bike today. First off, the Motowerks kit is great! The 2007 Ninja 650 kickstand did NOT fit on my 2015 650LT. The cut out right under the attachment bolt was not deep enough so it would not allow the stand to pivot. I am disappointed as I was under the impression that it would work. I guess I will be cutting the stock kickstand after all and ordering the kickstand kit from Motowerks. I just wanted to let anyone with a 2015 know what to expect.

The Motowerks kit is better anyway - bigger foot!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts