Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm officially pulling the Versys out of storage in an hour. Very light snow flurries tonight but tomorrow is set to be sunny and 40+ degrees. Wisconsin riding season just got 2x as long.

:thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm officially pulling the Versys out of storage in an hour. Very light snow flurries tonight but tomorrow is set to be sunny and 40+ degrees. Wisconsin riding season just got 2x as long.

:thumb:
Supposed to be 55 next Tuesday. Hope to see you out

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ontario comes out of winter next week. Tuesday the car is put away for the season and the little green alien takes over.

·
Registered
842 Posts
North Vancouver had 5 - 6 " this morning

There was still 2+" tonight when I got home and shovelled it even though there was some rain today too :(

·
Registered
221 Posts
This winter has been very bike friendly.

I've riden all but about 3 weeks this past year. Put 10K miles on my Versys since buying it the end of July. Put 7K on my other bikes...

Even rode a few days in the snow on my TW... I'll take this kind of winter every year.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just came back from a week in Boise with blue skies and moderatly warm (40*'s) to snow and in the high 20*'s. I work graveyard so I was off work around 7am and went home to sleep, wake up today and it was nice dry weather for the most part ... just the road was wet and then as I was getting up and getting food before riding it started snowing and sticking again.

I am just around ~1100 miles over the past month and want to ride some more!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like people are having varying Winters all around. Hope you guys get out soon.

I'll definitely be out Tuesday. I'll be out every day in between as well ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
Los Angeles Weather Forecasts
Nearest weather station: Los Angeles, United States
Add weather on your website
(About RSS - RSS Help)
Weather >United States >California >Los AngelesF° | C°

Enter city or zip code:
Search
Severe Weather Alert» Read More
Current conditions as of 1:46 PM PST
Fair
Feels Like:
70 °F
Barometer:
30.13 in and falling
Humidity:
22 %
Visibility:
10 mi
Dewpoint:
29 °F
Wind:
VAR 3 mph
UV Index:
UV Description:
Moderate
Sunrise:
6:18 AM
Sunset:
5:51 PM
70°
High: 69° Low: 45°
» Detailed Forecast
» Records and Averages
» Get Yahoo! Weather on your desktop
TODAY TOMORROW SUN MON TUE 6-10 DAY

Clear
Sunny
Sunny
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy Extended Forecast
High: 69°
Low: 45°
High: 77°
Low: 49°
High: 82°
Low: 53°
High: 76°
Low: 51°
High: 62°
Low: 48°
Get Alerts:MobileEmailWeather Bulletins

·
Registered
181 Posts
That weather report is misleading. I drove the car today. Not because of temperature, but because the wind is blowing so damn hard the palm trees are laying over sideways! Already had 4 power failures today. This winter has been so confused. It goes from hot to cold every other week, and we have pretty nasty winds during every transition. I've lost more riding days to wind than rain this season. Ugh!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I sold my snowmobile 3 years ago and couldn't have made a better decision. I would've used it once this year if I had it. We don't have real winters in Chicago anymore. The money I saved over the last 3 years in snowmobile expenses paid for my Versys and then some.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How Odd

In January this winter I rode from San Francisco to London Ontario. Not a drop of rain, flake of snow and hardly any clouds over 10 days. It only got cold about 30 miles from my home. 0C and dry. The weirdest winter I can recall.
I have had much worse weather on some of my summer excursions!

Couldn't have done this in Europe.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
In January this winter I rode from San Francisco to London Ontario. Not a drop of rain, flake of snow and hardly any clouds over 10 days. It only got cold about 30 miles from my home. 0C and dry. The weirdest winter I can recall.
I have had much worse weather on some of my summer excursions!

Couldn't have done this in Europe.

Wow. I can't believe you even tried riding to Canada in January. Good on ya! I live in London and there were days I saw bikes on the road in January and February. If not for my bent rim and my annual custom of storing the bike for Winter, I'd have joined 'em.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
It's been a relatively nice winter, although we just broke today's 1939 record low this morning at -34 ~ -35 Celcius (-30 Farenheit) this morning, which is the coldest of the winter.
I should be out by early April when the snow should be mostly melted.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts