Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justa heads up. Sold some stuff off of the bike this week. Hadnt had to deal with shipping anything for a long time. The costs really surprised me! The post office isnt too bad as long as it will fit in one of those flat rate boxes. Anything else and WOW, the cost quadruples. I was going to mail a windshield in a 18x20x6 box and it weighed about 4 pounds. They wanted $44!! The UPS store was $20. Still pretty high, but I guess that's how it is now.

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
Wow thats high from the post office. I shipped a Tall Parabellum and put $200.00 worth of insurance for about $11.00 thats going parcel post with a conformation number. Shipped out a seat with $500.00 worth of insurance parcel post with conformation number for $17.00

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size box was the windshield in? You know, come to think of it, they didnt even offer me the option of parcel post. Did it take a long time to get where is was going? Havnt shipped yet.

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
What size box was the windshield in? You know, come to think of it, they didnt even offer me the option of parcel post. Did it take a long time to get where is was going? Havnt shipped yet.
The Parabellum was a 23" tall windscreen not sure what size box i used but it was quite a bit bigger. It went from California to Kansas in less than 5 days. The Seat went from Cali to New Mexico in 2 days. Parcel Post is always a much cheaper way to ship.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Justa heads up. Sold some stuff off of the bike this week. Hadnt had to deal with shipping anything for a long time. The costs really surprised me! The post office isnt too bad as long as it will fit in one of those flat rate boxes. Anything else and WOW, the cost quadruples. I was going to mail a windshield in a 18x20x6 box and it weighed about 4 pounds. They wanted $44!! The UPS store was $20. Still pretty high, but I guess that's how it is now.
Yeah I just mailed off a corbin seat and it was 46 bucks fed ex ground from spokane to san antonio...... doesn't seem right and box was same size as seat I will go post office next time.

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts
Yeah I just mailed off a corbin seat and it was 46 bucks fed ex ground from spokane to san antonio...... doesn't seem right and box was same size as seat I will go post office next time.
Yea i shipped over 6 seats in the last 6 months and the most was $22.00 and i always insure any item over $100.00 i sell here on the forum.

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
I've had two Yamaha Majesty 'shields sent to me using USPS, and price was not too high. They're about 26" high (can't be too sure, as I cut them down to fit the V) so the box is large. Then I mailed another Givi 'shield roughly the same size, CONUS, and again the price was reasonable (less than $20...?).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I go back tomorrow, everythings going parcel post. Wonder why they didnt mention it today? Must make more with the other options.

·
Registered
430 Posts
When I sold my Givi E45 bags recently, USPS Parcel post was like 1/2 what UPS wanted for ground shipping. They were light items that got a surcharge due to size (18x18x24)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts