Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am trying to seal the deal on a bike from a guy in Rhode Island and I have been quoted from a few companies for door to door service at 1000 dollars!

I have found a site AA Motorcycle and uShip through google search.However, if anyone knows of a company that can give me a better deal, I would really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
Hey guys,
I am trying to seal the deal on a bike from a guy in Rhode Island and I have been quoted from a few companies for door to door service at 1000 dollars!

I have found a site AA Motorcycle and uShip through google search.However, if anyone knows of a company that can give me a better deal, I would really appreciate it.

Check with SAIA, Overnite and some other big shippers in your area. As long as the bike is palletized no big deal. See if a company in your area has a dock you can have it shipped to to save you on the price to your home is always more expensive. SAIA has a big center in Grand Prairie so you might be able to pick it up at their dock also.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'd ride that...I looked into shipping my bike from Portland to Boston area this summer, then ride it home.
Got quotes from the shippers you listed at around $780 +/-.

Even had a forum member offer to let me ship it to his business and store it in a heated warehouse. Since decided to ride around the west this summer.

Off to Coeur d'Alene and beyond this weekend.

·
Registered
873 Posts
What bike did you buy? Is this costing extra for insurance or something? I got quoted ~$650.00 one way NJ to Denver. Forget who but they weren't hard to find on google.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank guys ! You guys are awesome !!

I have used AA Motorcycle for this bike 2005 ZG 1000 , Sport Touring Motorcycle just what I was looking for. I have to say I am very happy with their service because I received this bike without any scratch. They loaded bike onto a specially designed pallet and strapped securely with soft tie-downs to the pallet. I think that makes a big difference for the bike.

Thanks again :)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts