Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a battle, but they are on. So far I only have about 50 miles of on road riding on them. They are very smooth and quite on road. I will update with off road results later.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can now report about how they handle torrential down pores and 50 MPH winds.

They felt very sure footed in the rain and wind. I'm really liking these tires so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It was a battle, but they are on. So far I only have about 50 miles of on road riding on them. They are very smooth and quite on road. I will update with off road results later.
They look really great on the bike!! I am really thinking of them as my next choice. Would love to get an update on how they perform.
Tough I am still very confused about the entire tube-thing. The E804 100/90-19 are listed as TT so no problem there. But the E805 130/80-17 are listed as TL. So I'm really curious how you set them up. Just put a tube in them? (with all the concerns about internal friction and so on...) Or did you do the conversion-seal the beads-trick?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put my tube in the rear. We'll see how it holds up.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I run the same combo on my 11 ADVersys 650. I went the DIY tubeless route and they have been holding up very well for the last 3K miles. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shinko Tire Update

A little update on my Shinko 804 & 805 tires. After 3300 miles the rear tire was getting worn down. I decided to spend $80 and buy a tire grooving tool on Amazon. Took about 10 minutes to cut the grooves back where they were originally. Maybe I can get another 2000 - 2500 miles out of them.

These tires have been through mud, gravel, sand and a bunch of road miles, I am very pleased with them so far. I will probably get another set when these wear out.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been running about 34 PSI front and 38 PSI rear except in sand, then I'll air down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts