Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shifter is sticking when I down shift. It happens in all the gears but not all the time. So when I shift from 4th to 3rd, the lever does not come back up so I can go to 2nd. If I hit it with my foot a little then it will come back up and I can go down another gear. This only happens on down shifts, no problem up shifting. I have no idea what could be causing this, has anyone had this issue before? Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Administrator
9,039 Posts
2013 Versys 650

My shifter is sticking when I down shift. It happens in all the gears but not all the time. So when I shift from 4th to 3rd, the lever does not come back up so I can go to 2nd. If I hit it with my foot a little then it will come back up and I can go down another gear. This only happens on down shifts, no problem up shifting. I have no idea what could be causing this, has anyone had this issue before? Any help would be great. Thanks.
A common problem, on my 07 I installed a grease nipple on the pivot point , below the footpeg. It ceases after a while, take apart and grease.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2013 Versys 650

A common problem, on my 07 I installed a grease nipple on the pivot point , below the footpeg. It ceases after a while, take apart and grease.
Is that the pivot point where I would need to take off the foot peg? Would I just use a standard grease on it? Seems simple enough, anything I should look out for when doing the job?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
This might help:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shifter is not sloppy or wiggly at all. I think I will try to take off the peg end of the pivot and grease it. We will see what happens then.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Sorry, I should have been clearer in my response.

In that thread, there is a pic of the straight grease fitting (¼ inch x 28) towards the rear of the shifter assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts