Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am looking for a rather plain leather riding jacket that isn't covered in giant graphics like many GSX-R riders wear. I need something low-key, and ran across this jacket a few months back. I haven't been able to find any info on it such as a review or test, and none of the dealerships in my area carry it in stock. Has anyone here had any experience with this jacket or know someone who does? It looks decent and is priced about where I was willing to pay. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
No experience with it, but it is a fine looking jacket. I might get one myself! I think Shift is a reputable company. I wouldn't think they would offer a jacket at that price point that wasn't good quality. However, I understand your reservations. I like to try stuff on, feel the product & get a first hand opinion of what I'm buying when it comes to clothing/apparel.

This web site shows a front & back view if you click on the "click for larger image" at the bottom of the picture:

http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm/ProductForward.do?forward=product.pagedef&proId=17736&cid=256&cname=Jackets&proNumber=70109&imgName=70109255F.jpg

Man that is a nice looking jacket...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an Alpine Stars NYC jacket. It's plain black leather, and very comfortable. Zip out weather resistant liner, and it has thousands of tiny little holes so it breaths well (perforated leather?). It's great even in the Florida heat unless your sitting still in traffic. I wear a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket if I anticipate a lot of stop and go traffic or if it is just hot as balls outside. The pheonix is like a balistic jersey with back, shoulder, and elbow padding.

I know on the Alpine Stars the padding is CE, and I beleive it is as well on the Joe Rocket jacket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts