Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love when she's striped down ready to go...my Versys that is. Ya bunch dirty old perves! :p I have pulled the handguards and Givi windshield for summer, a little cooler ya know. and yesterday afternoon I was getting ready to go for a ride and dropped all the bags and brackets other than the rear rack. This was to almost be my downfall. Anyway I know that stuff doesn't weight that much. BUT the bike feels so much livelier without it. AND looks so much nicer to boot.

Ran into a couple of the local "Kids" I sometimes ride with and and it was "HEY the Old Man wants to play" and I did. Just remember "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and inexperience" They didn't know I got new tires and I have about 4 time as long in the saddle as they do so while they can rip in the straits the corner are MINE! :D Needless to say It was fun as I suckered them into the twisty roads I know.

Now the down side of dropping the boxes. About 20 miles out the bottom fell out. My rain gear was IN the boxes. All I had was my mesh gear. At least my smart phone and wallet it were in plastic baggies as I was soaked by the time I got home.

Cleaned up and dried off after I got home and put the brackets and boxes and tail trunk back on. As much as I like the bike without them it's almost useless to me without them.

Have fun and be safe. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the same trouble as you, how much stuff do I really need with me.

The stripped down bike looks great but doesn't carry much of anything, fine for short trips but like in your situation it means choosing to leave behind something you may need.

Oh the troubles of having a bike, haha,

That reminds me, I should go take by bags off and change out my windshield too.

Mitch

·
Registered
559 Posts

The versys can change in just a few minutes, windscreen, luggage, and you basically got a dirt bike hehe Mine is for sale now, but still considering changing my mind and keeping it, it's just so practical...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts