Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, today was my day off and I decided to take a trip on one of my favorite riding routes, I got some snaps to share with you guys, they are a bit grainy due to the overcast weather and low res (so I could put them on here), but some are pretty cool. Every time I go on these rides, I am thankful for how beautiful my surroundings are, and that I have a great bike to take me there!!! I'll get some more from other areas in Colorado as I get them. Trip through the Continental Divide to Aspen coming at the end of August. This trip was up Hwy 285 through Aspen Park and Conifer to Pine Junction, then down 67 through Pine Grove into Woodland Park, and the last couple in Garden of The Gods. The destroyed trees are the remains of a massive fire we had in the area a few years ago, watch those flames people. The damage was enormous. It was strangely beautiful to me though, seeing all the bare, mountain ground, when you know you shouldn't see anything but tree cover...
Hope you enjoy the photos!!!
Fukken cheers from Colorado,
Erik!!!
P.S. Driving like I was actually aware of my mortality for the first time, I averaged 62mpg on this trip, with speeds ranging from 40 to slightly extra-legal, largely around the 75mph area, shamWOW!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is a beautiful drive I have done it many times in a car. I would love to do it on my bike…looks like a great Friday ride :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Garden of the Gods is great. I'm surprised you didn't park the bike under that one rock to make it look like the bike was holding the whole mountain side up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts