1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
... but this stuff seems quite durable and well thought out.
x2 on that, AzItLies... I've had my SH45 for some time now and I'm really happy with it... Plus, they're not as expensive as GIVIs, at least on this side of the ocean that is...

Meanwhile I'm going to replace it for a SH49.

Aside from the obvious bigger capacity (it comes handy for me), I like the fact that you can buy/replace just the side-panels... This is the area that gets all scratched up in the event you go down with it... No need to replace the whole topbox, just the side-panels.

Please don't ask why I'm replacing my SH45 for the SH49... :mad: :mad:

I haven't seen a pic of a SH49 on a V yet... Anyone?...

Sorry for sidetracking your thread a bit, AzItLies...

Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yet nobody is saying anything about the Ducati decals.

Lol!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Maybe to you Davy, you guys over there obviously know better :)

But over here they don't! It's amazing really. I was teaching an MSF class yesterday and my bike being parked right there, some of them made comments. So of course I tell them no, it's a joke, just the decal is Ducati. One guy starts laughing and he can't stop, he really believed it was a Duc!

People here just don't know what a Versys is... they've no clue! dummies! lol
I keep forgetting that if you don't ride a Harley in the States, you ain't worth sh1t !!! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you show a few more shots of your bike with the SH46? I'm on the fence right now. The 46 is quite big, and I'm thinking it will dwarf my '07 Versys. Your picture has me reconsidering. Maybe a shot right from the side if you don't mind?!? Looks good in the pic you posted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow! That was a fast response! Thanks AzItLies. I agree with you, that it's either the 37 or the 46. The others lack something. The pictures help alot. I will be going with the SH46. It looks really nice on your bike. It should give me enough storage......(until I upgrade to the Triumph Tiger 1050.) Oops! Did I just say that out loud!?

BTW, where did you purchase the Case? I'm looking at CycleLuggage.com. They're selling 'em for $243.

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
That case looks really good and My rule of thumb is. It has to be big enough to carry my normal road accessories and at least 2 pies.:D

IMG_1369 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1374 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
688 Posts
Think you meant the sh46 is 60 MORE than the sh45 yes? Agree, it seems quite a bit and you are right, there's no diff in size.

Basically think it's a newer model, thus looks diff, some might say better. But honestly the 45 does the job I'm sure. I went with the newer sleeker look but yer point is a very good one, 60 bucks is 60 bucks! :)
Yep, got them mixed around.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Can't send a PM. I click on the user name within this discussion and there isn't an option to "send a private message".

:confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts