Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, so if this has been covered before, forgive me. I was interested in the required service intervals for the 2015 Versys 650, and what needs to be completed at each period. I am sure this is covered in the service manual, but I do not own a bike yet.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I won't bother with specifics in hopes somebody has a pdf file of the intervals. I can tell you that looking at the owner's manual I am happy with the length of intervals in between some expensive things that the dealer has to do. I am not very mechanical and my Honda Rebel called for a valve adjustment every 4,000 miles - that to the tune of over $200. The Versys calls for valve check at 26,000 miles. There are lot of minor things to "check" frequently, but you can do that yourself. I guess what I am saying is that the manual does not make it look like the required service frequency is going to break the bank. Hopefully some folks with longer ownership than myself will chime in.

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
Having owned two 1st Gens, and now a 3rd Gen - I BELIEVE service intervals are identical among them.... (My Gen 3 SERVICE MANUAL is a 'country North of me' right now...!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts