Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked one of these up today off of craigslist for 50 bucks slightly used. Installed it in my RF1000 and took the bike out for a spin all I can say is WOW! Why didn't I buy one of these things years ago? I use foam earplugs with it it worked awesome, i'm done with earbuds and wires.

·
Super Moderator
16,054 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Sena. The communicator makes ride days with the friends more fun. It's nice to say, "Hey, I'm thirsty. Let's pull into that mini mart ahead.". Of course listening to music is great. The best of all is pairing with a smartphone with voice command function like Cortana or Siri. I can tell my phone to play a different playlist, or I can dictate and send a text handsfree. If I get a return text, the figgin' phone reads it to me...while I'm riding!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have had my pair of SMH10 now for over 2 1/2 years.bought them used for $175. They both work great. My second unit I use on friends helmets when I go on long rides with them. I have let at least 7 friends use it and all 7 have bought a sena shortly after using mine.
Picture of me and 2 friends that both have bought a unit after using mine
Units in photo mine SMH10, 20S, SMH10R
The Fjo9 was another motorcyclist we meet right before the ferry

Soon I will update to the new 20 much farther range between units.
The built in radio is nice as well when you have listened to everything on your phone. Also great when you want to know local weather.

·
Registered
377 Posts
These fit under helmet well? I guess I'm new to the riding headset scene. How does it keep from picking up the wind noise (perhaps I need a quieter helmet)

·
Super Moderator
16,054 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
These fit under helmet well? I guess I'm new to the riding headset scene. How does it keep from picking up the wind noise (perhaps I need a quieter helmet)
Yes. The only part you see is the main communication module which sits on the left side of your helmet. I can answer the phone at 75mph and the caller has no idea I am on my motorcycle. I can also dictate a text and send by just pushing one button on the module, or answer an incoming call if needed.

Listening to music or using waze, etc. works great. Depending on wind and buffeting, I do get false 'voice activation' every once in a while. Not really an issue, just a minor irritant.

Great for group rides also, in addition to basic BSing with your pals, the lead bike can call out risks, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts