Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started using the SMH10. It works well for music. Unfortunately in high noise it cuts out. I have paired it Android phone for phone and media. I have also paired it with the MotoActv sports watch. It works great. Unfortunately my GPS is a Nuvi 1490LMT. My Nuvi 855 has an audio jack and will try it with a Bluetooth Analog Audio adapter. In theory this should work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On several rides this week the audio would stop for a few seconds. The only thing I could attribute it to was the high winds and noise. It could be that the audio stopped when my phone retrieved email. The phone calls were great. Other than a few bouts of wind noise my daughter did not realize I was on a Bluetooth headset in my helmet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's just Bluetooth. Sometimes the connection needs to reset. My Shoei Qwest is awesome with this unit. 70mph+ speeds with tons of volume left to crank. Great bang for the buck.

·
Registered
118 Posts
On several rides this week the audio would stop for a few seconds. The only thing I could attribute it to was the high winds and noise. It could be that the audio stopped when my phone retrieved email. The phone calls were great. Other than a few bouts of wind noise my daughter did not realize I was on a Bluetooth headset in my helmet.
If the phone rings, the sena shuts off the music while you take the call. I would turn off your audio alerts and see if it fixes it. Most likely user error. Did you update the firmware to v4.0?

·
Registered
499 Posts
If you have it set to VOX, then it'll cut out in high wind. Either use the computer-based manager or the instructions to turn it off VOX and you should be golden.

·
Registered
665 Posts
+1

VOX is the likely culprit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car gps Bluetooth is a headset connection. It will pair with the motorcycle version gps's. This is the reason I am testing the Nuvi 855 with analog jack and a analog to Bluetooth adapter. It is an inexpensive fix at $12.

I fixed the audio issue it was the email alerts. Text to audio works well. I have upgraded to 4.0.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I have a lower wind guard on my Bell Star helment and never get wind noise in the mike.

I can be talking with another rider and my GPS will cut in with a turn direction and then I tap on the big wheel to get back to the conversation I was having with the other rider.

I wear ear plugs and can still hear everything well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I purchased the Taotronics Stereo Blue Tooth Audio adapter that supports A2DP. I had an older Nuvi 855 with a external speaker jack. This works great for as a MP3 player and a navigation system when paired with the Sena SMH10. The SMH10 supports 2 HFP and 1 A2DP. so if you want to use separate devices for Phone, media player and navigation then your options are limited. I have used my Droid2X with Phone, Media and navigation all linked using the Phone and media connection or the Droid 2X and NUvi 855 with the HFP protocol for the phone and the A2DP for the Nuvi for nav and MP3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts