Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Self-mod my seat was about 90% better. Finally bought an Air Hawk! Best money ever spent hands down. Better than any seat ever! Thank you Air Hawk and free shipping! Awesome!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Why don't they just put a factory air seat in the bike?

·
Registered
716 Posts
My Airhawk certainly out-performs my Corbin in the comfort/longevity of ride department. I just bought a Russell Day-Long seat and am curious to see how well it does on a long ride.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Russel Day-Long I'll have to look that up and have a look?

Capn Kirk that looks awesome! After the air hawk I mean come on! No wonder they money back guarantee them! I wish I would have bought one sooner! :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
What size fits best on the versys? Also what is the REAL difference between Airhawk I and Airhawk II?

I would love to see how one would fit under an Alaskan sheepskin buttpad, or maybe make a pocket in the sheepskin pad that the Airhawk would slide into.... Would be nice!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size fits best on the versys? Also what is the REAL difference between Airhawk I and Airhawk II?

I would love to see how one would fit under an Alaskan sheepskin buttpad, or maybe make a pocket in the sheepskin pad that the Airhawk would slide into.... Would be nice!
Medium Cruiser is perfect! 14.25" x 14.50" x 2". Air Hawk is more money and worth every penny! Longer warranty. Air Hawk II, not sure less money. Read reviews doesn't last as long.

Best money I ever spent! :thumb: :cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just picked up an Airhawk also. Huge improvement. I picked mine up through Amazon for a little under $130 shipped. That seemed like the best deal after I did limited research.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep! $130 free ship! :thumb: It works best with very little air and is just awesome! :thumb::D

·
Registered
430 Posts
Some people who can't afford an airhawk but need an occasional change from the bead/sheepskin get one of those inflatable neck pillows (like you use on an airplane) and just put a puff or two of air in it.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some people who can't afford an airhawk but need an occasional change from the bead/sheepskin get one of those inflatable neck pillows (like you use on an airplane) and just put a puff or two of air in it.
Now thats a great idea! :thumb::cheers:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
This past weekend I did 1500 miles sitting on my Airhawk 1 with my Alaskan Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad on top of it. Two 10 hour days and one 14 hour day and had no seat related complaints at all.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That's my setup and it is nice. I just strap the Airhawk down to the seat then strap the butt pad to the seat... on top of the Airhawk and I'm good to go. I'll snap a picture in the morning and post.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I had that idea and tried it out. At the end of my 25km ride, it punctured :( and I weigh 65kg. I probably had too much air in it.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Sweet! Please do post a pic when you can.... I think this is the route I plan to go, as it gives maximum versatility :cool:[email protected]
This shot makes it look like it would raise your riding position a great deal... but once you're on it and everything compresses down, I'd estimate it only adds an inch or less. I'm 5'8" and I don't have any significant problems with this setup.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks!

I like it a lot. Airhawk will be the next purchase. I also like that it can go with me from bike to bike.... As much as I like the Versys, I tend to keep bikes for 2-3 years max. It's nice to know it can move with you to the next steed.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now that looks like a seat you can sit on for a couple of weeks!

Even if you have a new seat mod for your bike a person still needs the Air Hawk IMO. It is so awesome! :thumb: :D :cheers:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I am using this cushion cover. Looks like a mini spring mattress. Have no chance to test it out on long rides, but for 1 hour plus ride, there was no pain at all. When it rains, the water does not collect at the butt area, just flows off, leaving the butt to quickly dry off and the butt feels cooler.

Close up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts