Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from an FZ-09 with gobs of power some people thought it was a little crazy going to a Versys, let alone a 650.

My rationale was simple - I wanted a high quality bike with good throttle control and response, that was comfortable - all day comfortable - had provisions for side and top cases, rode well, handled well, had good out of box suspension adjustment capabilities, had a good long time in market (to work the bugs out...), was reliable and optionally had ABS. Plus I wanted it to be fun to ride - anywhere, around town or on longer rides.

Needless to say the Versys does not disappoint. It is a mature platform with a number of well thought out features. The engine is cherry, has a nice amount of grunt and aside from being comfortable the bike handles really well and is just a joy to ride.

I took my first longer shakedown ride, about 8hrs total time, 4hrs of that riding, on a nice 60 degree day with 15-20mph winds this weekend, one of my friends and his wife on their Kawasaki Voyager. I had no problems keeping up/leading, the bike handled exceptionally well on twisty mountain roads and was great in the wind.

Good choice all around, will continue to make some minor mods like a RAM handlebar nut mount phone holder, SHAD rear deck & top box, Kawi power socket & relay, hyperlites rear brake lights, etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome, great choice, I myself came from a Ducati Scrambler 803cc that had more power but wasn't a Versatile system!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.