Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, unfortunately I cannot post outside this forum, so my question goes out ...

I have seen that there are after market handlebar raisers and those that absorb the vibration too.

Is this a viable option? When I first got my Versys I hardly felt any vibration, now I feel it on my hands, seat and feet ... ! Is this standard on a Versys? My ER6 also had the vibrations ... maybe it is just our &*(*& roads here?!

·
Registered
770 Posts
If you have excessive vibration do a throttle body sync. It will reduce vibration. Should be done annually anyway.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks guys ...
Question ... what is a throttle body sync - never heard of it before?
You must be new to motorcycles (or at least multi cylinder ones).... Multi cylinder motorcycle engines since the dawn of time need a carb sync and now the more modern throttle body sync (fuel injection) once in a while... Unlike a car that uses a central throttle body, motorcycles uses one for each cylinder... From time to time these individual throttle bodies/carbs need adjustment so that they are supplying the same ratio of fuel/air ratio as each other.... Hence "balancing" the throttle body term is used to describle this process... The process is described in the routine maintenance section of your manual...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.