Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

Any Seattle area Versys riders interested in meeting up next week and social distancing on the the back roads between Monroe and Darrington, maybe including the Mountain Loop Highway (if open). Looks like great riding weather coming up.

-dm

·
Registered
188 Posts
Jay Inslee is watching you LOL.I have not left our Farm or the Town of Connell ( 35 miles north of Tri-Cities) for weeks,Isolation is not bothering me a bit.Yesterday we had to put down or German Shepard that was 10 years old, He just wore out poor guy.It crushed my Wife as he was her shadow and she was with him when he took his first breath of air and his last.We took him to our country Vet and then had to transport him to Quincy to be cremated.There was not much traffic on Hwy 17 or I-90.It was very strange driving I-90 and for the most part being alone out there.This was a necessary trip, But I dont think Ill venture out much more until this is considered safe to do so.Be safe, Have fun, And stay away from People. I see a lot of People not taking this seriously.

·
Registered
161 Posts
On our ride Thursday (as listed here "forget 'about it ride") we encountered many motorcyclists
going in both directions. We even met a group of motorcycle police riding in formation, hand waved
them and passed on by. Lovely weather, ride safe, keep your 6' distance when stopped. Enjoy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On our ride Thursday (as listed here "forget 'about it ride") we encountered many motorcyclists
going in both directions. We even met a group of motorcycle police riding in formation, hand waved
them and passed on by. Lovely weather, ride safe, keep your 6' distance when stopped. Enjoy.

Thanks, I'll probably head up to the same area sometime this week. Probably by myself, as I haven't found anyone to ride with during the week. So no virus worries! Will probably do the back roads from Monroe to Arlington, then east into Darrington. I want to explore the area around Swede Heaven - from Google Earth it looks like there are plenty of dirt roads in the area, the only question is whether they are gated (like most I've found). The virus shutdown has actually made for much nicer riding conditions around here - far fewer cagers and trucks on the roads. I'm actually going to ride a motorcycle into Seattle today to pick up some food - I've never ridden very far into Seattle before because normally the traffic would terrify me (and that's in my truck!).

-dm

·
Registered
161 Posts
At the Swede Haven road go north around the lane
until you come to a well used road on the right that
goes up to the left. I'd like to know how far you get
till there is snow. Take a pic and post it if you can.
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
970 Posts
Thanks, I'll probably head up to the same area sometime this week. Probably by myself, as I haven't found anyone to ride with during the week. So no virus worries! Will probably do the back roads from Monroe to Arlington, then east into Darrington. I want to explore the area around Swede Heaven - from Google Earth it looks like there are plenty of dirt roads in the area, the only question is whether they are gated (like most I've found). The virus shutdown has actually made for much nicer riding conditions around here - far fewer cagers and trucks on the roads. I'm actually going to ride a motorcycle into Seattle today to pick up some food - I've never ridden very far into Seattle before because normally the traffic would terrify me (and that's in my truck!).

-dm
I've been into Swede Heaven with a lumber truck delivering material (quite a few years ago) and the roads were open but not in the best condition. Full tank of gas and have fun..........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey I'm not in Seattle, but always looking for more people to ride with. I'm down in the Tacoma area. Was considering a trip out to Mt. Rainier if the weather is good. Hopefully the pollen won't be quite as bad! lol. If I missed the ride, maybe a ride out to Mt. Rainier could be fun?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts