Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Seats

15K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Versamart 
#1 ·
Best aftermarket seat for 2021 V1000. Go…

#3 ·
Good question and one that I haven't answered yet. Please keep in mind all of this is very subjective as everyone is built differently.

The stock seat left my bottom side burning after an hour or so riding. Issue was the forward slope. Had my stock seat modified by Seth Laam. The guy is a true craftsman - seat looks beautiful and the work quality is outstanding. Although quite a bit better than stock it still isn't where I need it to be. There is some crunching going on in a "sensitive area" that makes it uncomfortable after a couple of hours of riding. Also need a bit more padding at the very bottom of the seat. I suspect there is too much of a bucket - a flatter (no forward slope) seat probably would work better. Will reach out to Seth offseason to see it is possible to make adjustments. Still recommend Seth if you can get the proper seat shape for you. The seat quest for me continues ...

#6 ·
#7 ·
I've had Russell and Adcox on previous bikes, yes good all day..... I tried my buddy's V1000, he had modded the stock, then went with a Seat Concepts kit.... hey, not bad. But I opted for the Holeshot Corbin. I can ride that all day too, but a little firmer than the others. All good choices. On a budget, go the Seat Concepts.... don't get the gripper top, unless you like getting up to move around. Oh, and I don't do leather any more..... a textured vinyl is better IMHO.

#18 ·
Hey yzerman!
Im looking at a used holeshot corbin in ontario,im afraid its gonna be hard like a rock....but also thinking about seat concept but ill have to order new....350$ corbin plus 30$ shipping or 430$ for the seat conc.
Sin e you tried both....which would you take now....with the hole shot im pretty sure im gonna be farther from the bars!?
Which means barback or risers....how was your experience with yours?
Farther from the bar?
Overall appreciation?
And also your height and weight lol
Thank you!!

#10 ·
I have a Corbin Holeshot on my 2019 V1K great seat however being a short guy 5'7" 195 lbs it slides me to far back and I have to stretch to reach the bars. So I did some research and ordered a top Sellerie from France custom made Gel with heat and it was 600 after shipping. Now I just have to wait until June 3rd for it to arrive. Picture shows the Corbin Holeshot
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

#17 ·
Their Invoice is in French but, I copied the selections I chose
Selle Grand Confort En selle complète Forme basse Emp1 : Noir SEL003 Emp2 : Noir SEL003 Emp3 : Gris SEL011 Emp4 : Noir SEL003 Emp5 : Gris SEL011 Liserés A : Argent SEL090 Broderie B1 = Réf. de broderie existante : - BRO204 (Couleur1 : Argent 090) Gel : Assises avant + arrière Chauffage : Assises avant + arrière GEL1 Gel pour selle moto Hope this helps

#20 ·
I have the Corbin Canyon Dual Sport on my Versys-x 300 ... and the seat concepts on my XT250. The Corbin is much better for longer rides - unless you lime to move aroundon the seat (I'm the nut that is ok sitting still).

The seat concepts is good for trails ... and not bad for a couple hours. Much better than the stock x300 seat.

Everyone's hind end is different... your mileage may vary 👍🏻

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.