Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that a seat off a Ninja has the same seat pan as our Versys? And if so what years are compatible? Since I am selling my Adcock seat I'm looking at getting a seat concepts seat and need a pan for the install. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I can't say for sure that they are interchangable. But, if any years of the Ninja 650 are, I'd bet on the 2007 to 2011. That was the period they shared the most frame parts and design with the Versys. In 2012 the Ninja was re-designed quite a bit and got a very different looking seat. Prior to 2012 the Ninja and Versys had similar looking saddles.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I just looked up the Ninja 650's parts diagram on Bike Bandit. The part # for the entire seat assembly for a 08' 650r, is the same part # for a 08' Verseys. I did not check all years, but that at least gives you a year range of 06-08 as the first gen option.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked up the Ninja 650's parts diagram on Bike Bandit. The part # for the entire seat assembly for a 08' 650r, is the same part # for a 08' Verseys. I did not check all years, but that at least gives you a year range of 06-08 as the first gen option.
OK thanks, ALL year V1 & V2 Versys seats are interchangable from what I've seen..SO with that said, the 06-08 650R seats SHOULD work, right?

·
Registered
383 Posts
On the really plus side is, you can find them on ebay for around $50. Add seat concepts and now you are at $200 with a second seat.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the really plus side is, you can find them on ebay for around $50. Add seat concepts and now you are at $200 with a second seat.
That's exactly what I am planning as I am in the process of selling my Adcock flat seat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you are referring to the 53066A number, I don't think that is accurate. That may just be the # that identifies this to be the seat. If you look at the Ninja 300 part list, it also lists 53066A, but the seat is a 2 piece, and the price is about $100 cheaper for the Ninja 300.

Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts