Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking through the threads and everyone is talking about pipes exhaust power commander and say they can feel the difference...i never believe that and seen it not to be true many times when adding pipes and playing with fuel mixtures......you have to perform rollons on the highway against another bike in fifth gear...before and after exhaust change..to see if result is better or worst...all this seat of the pants dont work... the sound of the pipe throws you all off....ill bet any with those mods does a rollon against a stock v the stock v will walk way from you on the highway....raising your powerband you lose torque ...for the track thats good news in the street real world your in the back of the pack down shifting

·
Registered
779 Posts
You're missing the point.

It's all about perception.

:D

·
Registered
926 Posts
Nah exhaust are about saving weight......or is that saving lives? :) I like mine stock thank you. I think parallel twins sound weird so I wont be putting a pipe on mine.

·
Registered
779 Posts
It is moot to argue about this, and frankly, what do you care?

I would be interested to doing some trials against a stocked, and trading machines with someone, but what it comes down to is that I couldn't be happier with how mine runs now... and isn't that what it's all about?

When i put the pipe and can on, I did notice some loss of low end, and the "kick" came in 1000 RPM higher. But the trade off was worth it. The top end power was much nicer than before, and the bike ran ultra smooth. The power commander has given me back the bottom end rush, and I don't remember the bike pulling as hard as it does from as low down the RPM range. I can bog it in third, and it will pull very hard and smooth from 1500 RPM.

I am a happy man, and I think the mods were worth the $800 bucks... besides, I've spent much more than that on bags, tires, windscreen etc...:D

Enjoy the ride, however you want it!:thumb:

PS... The can is not loud... just pleasing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is moot to argue about this, and frankly, what do you care?

I would be interested to doing some trials against a stocked, and trading machines with someone, but what it comes down to is that I couldn't be happier with how mine runs now... and isn't that what it's all about?

When i put the pipe and can on, I did notice some loss of low end, and the "kick" came in 1000 RPM higher. But the trade off was worth it. The top end power was much nicer than before, and the bike ran ultra smooth. The power commander has given me back the bottom end rush, and I don't remember the bike pulling as hard as it does from as low down the RPM range. I can bog it in third, and it will pull very hard and smooth from 1500 RPM.

I am a happy man, and I think the mods were worth the $800 bucks... besides, I've spent much more than that on bags, tires, windscreen etc...:D

Enjoy the ride, however you want it!:thumb:

PS... The can is not loud... just pleasing.
Red it all about being happy thats for sure....find a stocker to rollon against on the highway......then tell me if your happy.....just joking Red :) hope to own one soon

·
Registered
779 Posts
Besides... Don't these headers look gorgeous? (Thanks Bob!)

And how would you even know how it runs never having had one!:mad:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's this roll-on stuff? Is that what people that ride in the city all the time do to feel like they are going fast? ;)

Gustavo
..ROLLON is like a dyno you see the power unfold and see it real time what bike has the power...takes away the better rider advantage but ypu know that

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well, here's my take. I would have to strongly disagree with you. My highly calibrated butt-o-meter tells me that there is a DEFINATE increase from 3000 rpm and up, and, according to Akrapovic, approx a 5 horsepower advantage throughout the mid-range, ending with an additional one horsepower on top. Roll on performance is where I notice it most. No comparison to stock. Oh, and I might mention, the pipe has the spud to keep it quiet, nearly as quiet as stock, so "loud" and "perception", is not in the equation. I'm sure the pipe fanatics will agree.......:)....besides, how can you make the claim when you don't own one? Even if you speak from experience on other bikes, they are not the Versys, and you have to experience it before you can comment. I've had a lot of others....zx12r, zx9r, blackbirds, and on....you can't notice the difference on those bikes, because there is so much to start with, its impossible to tell, even if the dyno says there's more. The V has "only" 60 some-odd RWH to start with, so with an additional 5-6 horse, that's nearly a 10 percent gain.....not to shabby...and assuredly noticeable. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts