Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
As some have noticed, the seat on the Versys is tilted forwards just a little bit too much. There are a few remedies for this, from a new seat cover, to using piles of washers to lift the front end of the stock seat. I have come up with what I think, is a low cost yet elegant solution: A 3D printed Riser Block!

Riser.jpg

As you can see, it lifts the front of the seat up just a little bit (12mm) to give you a much more comfortable ride.

riser2.jpg

I have about 600+ miles on my riser block and it has been holding up great.

If you or a friend has a 3D printer, you can download the files required to print your own riser block here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1775953

·
Registered
445 Posts
This looks really interesting!

Do I need to come up with longer bolts?
Fast Eddie pioneered this idea with a metal plate and some spacers. Yours is of course a little cleaner, but same idea. I am sure he can clarify what you need in new bolts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@steve1503 the block is designed to rest on the tank flange. This gives it more support to keep from bending or breaking.

@zirconx Yes, you will need longer bolts. The bolts on your machine are 25mm long, you will need 50mm long bolts. If there is enough demand, I *could* supply bolts, but would rather not. I am not trying to make a lot of money here, but I need to cover my costs.

Just added these notes to the original post.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
NOTE: This was designed for the 2015 Versys 650. I *think* it will fit older models, but I cant make any promises at this point. I have had several customers check dimensions and it looks like it should work. I will report back once we have a few in the field.

YES - same for the THREE Gens of V650s. (I took the "lift" off my '09 when the insurance came for it, and mounted it onto my '15. (I BELIEVE the length of bolts I bought are 45mm....)

BTW - I was NOT the guy that originated this mod. It was pretty much in general use when I joined the Forum and then got my '08, BIG RED, in September 2008.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can you take a profile pic of the bike with this installed? Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all,

Just shipped 3 units today. More will ship next week. I had a lot more orders than I had anticipated, so some of the later orders might not ship until the end of next week. I will notify everyone in my list later today of the status of their orders.

Also, shipping and the mailer envelopes were a little more expensive than I expected, so from today forward, I am bumping the price of these risers to $14 to better to cover my costs. Also, Canada shipping is now $14. (holy cow! How can I buy a $5 item from Hong Kong, free shipping, but It costs me $14 to ship 30grams of plastic to Canada??)

Thanks everyone!

@chrisfla1 I will try to post something later today.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you get enough of these going out, or ship a lot of stuff, a stamps membership may be worth your time. I just use my ebay account to print extra labels for now at the discounted rates :).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As some may know, I had a few printer issues this week...but I am back in business! Shipping at least 6 more blocks today, and more on Monday.

Thank you all for your orders. I had no idea that this would be as popular as it has been.

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Received mine, but not installed yet. Looking forward to testing it out soon! I'm in the middle of moving this week, plus it is rainy, so it will have to wait until next week.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got mine on Monday, installed in maybe 5 minutes. As many have said, it does make a noticeable difference in rider comfort. I have the MotoWerks footpeg lowering blocks also.

I really like the fact that it is a purpose built piece.

Thanks again for making these available!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Got mine today.
Bought two bolts 45MM long and two flat washers from NAPA. Cost 65 cents. Took less than 5 min. to install.
Did a 30 mile test ride.
This mod will not make you feel like you just bought a custom seat. However it will make you much more comfortable. Best $14 I ever spent. I highly recommend this riser block.

Thanks Rawkstar 320 for producing a well made product, that every Versys owner needs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got mine today.
Bought two bolts 45MM long and two flat washers from NAPA. Cost 65 cents. Took less than 5 min. to install.
Did a 30 mile test ride.
This mod will not make you feel like you just bought a custom seat. However it will make you much more comfortable. Best $14 I ever spent. I highly recommend this riser block.

Thanks Rawkstar 320 for producing a well made product, that every Versys owner needs.
I bought one as well and have yet to install. What is the dimesion of the bolts required? I know they are 45mm in length.
Appreciate the info and will plan on performing the install soon.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts