Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with many Versys riders I too had discomfort with my front male member while riding. I considered raising the seat but felt more forward leaning of my torso had a large part to do with it.
I'm 65 years old, 5'11" with 32" inseam at 215#. If there was a measurement for arm length I'd share it but am fairly mid sized. I recently installed 30mm (1.3") risers and I can now feel my rump is more rearward tilted and relief up front. This is because I don't have to "reach" for the bars.
I've not seen the optimum seat solution, as most of the intermediate molded supports are left not touching the frame causing the seat pan to bend, which I don't like.
I'd try the 30mm risers first and see if that helps your seat discomfort.
Also, no cable length issues by this mod.
Happy ridding all...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a sargent seat and it has cured my bottom numbness and lower back issues. I can easily ride for hours and hours just doing quick stops for gas. I'm 6'2" and considering risers too. I'm good now, but with the risers I think I'll be extremely comfortable on this bike.

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
...I've not seen the optimum seat solution, as most of the intermediate molded supports are left not touching the frame causing the seat pan to bend, which I don't like....
So far I've ridden OVER 150,000 miles on three Vs w/ their seats raised about 9/16", and have NOT had any issues w/ the seat-pans breaking. (I weigh around 200# 'suited-up' - ATGATT.)

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Risers helped my position a lot. But the Sargent seat was a bigger improvement than the risers. Both together are a significant improvement. Lowered foot pegs also help with comfort, mostly one sore knee from bruised meniscus from a botched water crossing a couple of summers ago.

I did the raised nose thing on the factory seat for a season. It helped but not as much as the replacement seat which is just a more comfortable design. I, too, worried about the factory seat pan not being supported in the center, but it never failed and it didn't take on a permanent curve. So I wouldn't worry about it. You could attach some rubber bumpers for support if you wanted to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts