Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought Versys number 3 and it came with a heinous green seat cover. I've come to the realization that no one is gonna buy it so I decided to order a Seat Concepts Cover and keep it. My question is.......once I've removed all the staples under the seat pan.....do I remove all the gel/foam? To where its only the plastic pan?

BTW......I kept the cover in tact. If anyone wants it they can just have it.....it's in great shape.....but very green. :|

Thank you,

Choppastyle

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm already super impressed with these guys. It's 9pm here in Texas and I've already had several responses from them detailing how they're going to design it to my specifications. Can't wait to get it. Now where to find a staple gun that can penetrate the pan.........

Choppastyle

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cover is all installed. Will have to tweak it a bit tomorrow. It got a small wrinkle after I installed it on bike. Sat on it though and I can already tell its much more comfortable than stock ( I got the +.5 firmness). And it looks amazing. Can't say enough good things about their customer service. Reply times like their's just don't exist anymore (it was almost instantanious). Excited to go for a ride.

Choppastyle

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
How much do you weigh? At 210 lbs, I found the standard density (160-240lbs) a bit hard. It's better now with some miles on it. I do like it and the black carbon cover a lot better than stock seat. More roomy too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
170.....I asked for the extra firm b/c I'm used to Corbin seats. Firmer the better for me. Nice thing about the vinyl is that its waterproof and not as slippery as the leather found on most Corbins.

Choppastyle

·
Registered
281 Posts
FWIW, I'm about 185, 5'9 and the V is lowered. SC seat is a good fit, at first I didn't much care for the seat however after about 1000 miles I love it. Probably have over 5000 miles on it now. It took some time to get use to the different position but all is good now. HIghly recommended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts