Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For someone who already has a Seat Concepts padding and cover setup, would you please measure the distance from the seam at the rear of the rider's section to the nose of the seat. I measured the oem seat at 13.5", and I tried a Sargent seat but felt cramped-I measured the Sargent at 13". FWIW I removed about 1" of foam from the front of the humpon the oem seat so I can slide my butt back, but I can already see that the stitching in the seam will not last very long w/o coming apart, so I am considering alternatives, but I will not accept being pushed forward into the gas tank. Second question: How slippery is the Seat Concepts cover? The Sargent was a little bit worse than the oem seat, not too bad with jeans, worse with riding overpants. The Corbin that the PO had on the bike when I bought it was like greased lightning.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I knew it felt roomier than the stock seat and at 14 1/2" I now know why. This is measuring center of the hump to center of the seam front to back.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is helpful. Thanks for the Q and A! I think that extra inch would be good (she said).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the informative and funny replies, excellent. Now for the second question-how slippery is the seat concepts seat cover? TIA again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got the carbon look vinyl. It is not slippery at all. I stay glued into position, but if I want to move around a little it's not difficult. You will NOT slide into the tank. The rear portion of the SC seat is carved out a little. It will pull you further from the bars. So much so that I added bar risers to compensate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the add'l info. I'm not worried about the reach to the bar, I've already replaced it w/ one with more pullback. I'm ordering the SC seat kit tonight-carbon cover. I had wanted a second seat, so I would still have the stock seat if I sold or traded the V, but after having the Corbin and the Sargent I decided the SC seat was the best option. I'll worry about a stock seat IF I ever decide to part w/ the V.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Thanks for the add'l info. I'm not worried about the reach to the bar, I've already replaced it w/ one with more pullback. I'm ordering the SC seat kit tonight-carbon cover. I had wanted a second seat, so I would still have the stock seat if I sold or traded the V, but after having the Corbin and the Sargent I decided the SC seat was the best option. I'll worry about a stock seat IF I ever decide to part w/ the V.
Use coupon code"KLR650.NET" to save 10%.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts