Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the screen (windshield) from their Versys? If /when I get one of these in Thailand I want the wind on my chest like with my Buell Ulysses in Portugal. I don't see the point of screens in high temperatures. Wondered what it makes the Versys look like.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i have a givi touring screen on mine. works well here in tropical malaysia (just south of thailand.) i have no complaint about being hot though. in fact this tall windscreen helped me going against the wind at speed in excess of 100kmh

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I took the screen off mine for a ride and wind noise and buffeting it is heaps better. I prefer the looks with the screen on

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just wondering how tall the Buell Ulysses is, perhaps the same height as the Versys? I know when I switched over from an ER6n to the versys I was amazed at how much more wind and buffeting I felt on the Versys with the original screen. So much so that I replaced it with the MRA touring screen plus x-creen spoiler.

It's nioce to feel the wind and all but when you are doing 80km/h and it feels like you are doing 120km/h, it gets a bit old on longer trips when you might find yourself wanting to average the actual 120km/h!. Even below that speed it gets a bit much. And certainly one of the Versys' fortés is long distance touring in varied conditions.

·
Registered
616 Posts
With the screen off it's nothing like the Uly. Yeah it's nice at low speed, but you're facing a wall of wind at freeway speeds. Not so on the Uly.

I was OK with the stock screen for over 50000km despite the buffeting, but the MRA touring screen is much better. Using no screen at all isn't.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I ride mine without the screen a lot....I prefer it, but i'll put the screen on for a long ride as it does take a little wind pressure off the chest.

I personally like the look without it and get way more gawkers when it's off. Also less buffeting and wind noise when it's off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts