Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have just got a 2014 versys and find the screen to be very noisy. I have tried both holes but still the same. Anyone else finding the same or could it be my helmet. :thanx:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I found it was the wind blast hitting the bottom of my helmet. I ended up getting a Givi screen and that made things much nicer. UNTIL I bought a new HRC helmet and it was noisier but at least a low tone not the screaming pitch my my Shoei. Seems one thing leads to another on bikes...car...anything really.

2 Words for you "Wear Earplugs"!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I have never heard noise from a windscreen. Your helmet is in the airstream. You should wear earplugs to save your hearing, or buy a goldwing.
Or buy a Gold Wing? I wonder if that presumes a person who bought a Wing doesn't have enough $$$ left over to buy ear plugs? :D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Or buy a Gold Wing? I wonder if that presumes a person who bought a Wing doesn't have enough $$$ left over to buy ear plugs? :D
Well if he got the Espresso machine and Scone baker options on the Wing he could be a little short on cash. :p

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Hi.

I have just got a 2014 versys and find the screen to be very noisy. I have tried both holes but still the same. Anyone else finding the same or could it be my helmet. :thanx:
Unfortunately there are almost limitless combinations of windscreens and helmets. Well, not really but there are way too many to be able to afford. And what is acceptable to one may not be to another.

I have a Givi windscreen on my 08 V and like it better than the MRA touring screen that was on it when I bought it. However, wind noise varies depending on which helmet I wear - Bell, Z1R, or AGV. The AGV is the quietest but that is a result of how the helmet fits my head in my opinion.

The bottom line is that there doesn't seem to be a silver bullet. Good luck finding a combination that works well for you.

·
Registered
538 Posts
It's a common issue with the Versys, and not every aftermarket screen works either, it depends on your torso length and somewhat on the helmet you wear. I've found the best is no screen at all on regular riding and if I take a long highway trip, I put the stock screen on the lowest setting and it helps limit fatigue but I do put the earplugs in then.

The Versys is a lot of fun to ride with no screen.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
A wing is like riding a convertible with both arms hanging out the Windows. No wind gets to the rider's helmet or face. Goldwings, 1200GS, Ultra Classic, etc. Are touching on $30,000 these days. I could replace my 3 touring bikes with new leftover bikes of the same, but with zero miles, for the cost of one of those High End Bikes.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Well if he got the Espresso machine and Scone baker options on the Wing he could be a little short on cash. :p
Whoa! Take it easy, I'm an old guy and might not survive laughing that hard too many times. :D:D

·
Super Moderator
19,772 Posts
:funnypost:

...and...:welcome:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts