Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tipping over yesterday with my 2020 Versys 650, I made some scratches on the edge of my left-side pannier. I placed my foot in a gutter and couldn't hold the weight of my bike. My crashbars held my bike safe during the fall, even my indicator survived, but unfortunately I was driving with my panniers.
Anybody that have some tip to remove or repair some scratches as good as possible from my panniers?
I know that you never can remove all the scratches, but I want to repair them as good as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
Kevin

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I scratched my Givi 21s in a tip over. I took a piece of sandpaper to the scuffs and made it smoother. Then I used black Kiwi shoe polish and some military life skills, and gave it a good polish. It made all the sanded area black and pretty smooth again, with really no cost but a little time and effort.

·
Registered
743 Posts
You can absolutely repair any plastic body parts. If the shell is broken repair from the inside with a mesh and a resin, like epoxy. If the scratches and cracks are deep on the outside, use body filler. If not deep, just sand them out. Then mask and paint. A rattle can can do a good job

1 - 6 of 6 Posts