Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished the install of the Electric Scottoiler system, it was an easy job. The hardest part was to decide where to mount the parts. I think I want the console mounted on the dash, but there is no way, without damage to the dash, so am trying it out on the handguard mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
That's really nice looking, save for that big ass control console I think. I'm totally unfamiliar w/ the automatic oilers, can you or anyone else explain like I'm 5 why they're great?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It eliminates the need to oil the chain and usually makes the chain and sprockets last longer. I have the vacuum actuated version. Really comes into its own on long trips.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
A cheap alternative is the Grease Ninja at < $20 US which I used with dry type lube (dupont teflon chain saver) which has minimal fling off. It's not automatic but considering you only need to normally lube the chain every second tank of gas, is not an inconvenience either. It makes lubing the chain easy and there is no mess. Also gets lube into the inside of the chain.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It eliminates the need to oil the chain and usually makes the chain and sprockets last longer. I have the vacuum actuated version. Really comes into its own on long trips.
I've been interested in getting one of these some day. They're pricey but I can see them being worthwhile in the long run. I would prefer the vacuum actuated version but my main questions are 1) does it work well over the long term and 2) does it work equally well over a wide range of air temps.?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I've had Scotoilers on several bikes. They work well long term, hardly any maintenance, just refill every 1 - 2 thousand miles. There is a flow adjustment for variations in temperature and for wet weather. The only downside that I see is the rear wheel gets dirtier. If you are a neat freak it might bother you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the electronic unit. control panel mounted on the handguard bracket one drop every 90 seconds no flying off Chain is oily but not a mess and clean of road dirt. really really a great product. pricy but worth it

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
imo if you commute or ride a lot - chain maintenance without an auto oiler gets really old. with an auto oiler its almost non existent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts