Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
Scotoiler is the most common oiler used for bikes. Very reliable and cheap on maintenance.

Using Acumen Automatic chain oiler but the refill is a bit costly.

If you want chain oiler, go for scotoiler and go for the basis version.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply.Have you fitted one ?If so ,where do you connect the vacuum pipe into fuel injector?

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you haven't purchased yet you may want to consider the pro-oiler. When you compare the capabilities of each unit it's the best chain oiler on the market. Not the cheapest or the easiest to install but as far as functions its the best. Mine is on my 3rd motorcycle. 40k+ miles and zero issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a basic Scott Oiler on my bike, I am very satisfied with it, one of the best investments I have made on bike accessories.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I also use the basic scottoiler, and it works fine enough. I also use the original oil for it, since it's less than 1% of the gasoline cost, so I don't mess around with chainsaw oil and what not.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
A note on the vacuum version of Scott Oiler. A friend of mine had his Fuel Consumption increased drastically after the oiler installation. I am not sure how it was hooked up originally but he had to re-hose the vacuum connections to get the bike to run fine again. Nothing wrong with the oiler, just how it was hooked up.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Looking from the left side of the bike,there will be 3 air inlets on the 2 throttle bodies.
the right throttle body has 1 (has a rubber cap) and the left 2 air inlets (1 rubber cap and 1 rubber hose connected to air pressure sensor).

Had connected both the throttle bodies with a short U rubber hose.
The scottoiler vacuum probe is Y connected to the air pressure tube.

Had no problem for 40K with normal fuel cons. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts