Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bumpin' this thread up.

Anyone happen to have the full system installed on a 650?

Any tips on the installation?

Thoughts on the exhaust overall?

What I have been able to find is the instructions are completely lacking. Only a parts reference picture.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,882 Posts
Not sure if this was posted yet, but apparently Scorpion has the 2015 covered ;-)

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/product-details.html?autoid=1590

Don't know if I'm gonna commit though. Mainly because of emissions and price (compared to a slip-on). When installing a full system, is a Power Commander obligatory?

P.S. Is it me? Or does the exhaust look Photoshoped in?
Unless you really need the extra HP than a full system is good otherwise go for slip on. As it is , we normally don't use the full potential of everything we have...including our brain:wink2:

NO OFFENSE MEANT.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Can't install a slip-on unless I cut the OEM system. It's one piece. Hence the full system requirement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed a mivv on my sons 17 versys last night. took about 1.5hr, had to grind a couple parts to fit. Same thing though, no install instructions just 1 pic (which actually showed wrong mount point) and a parts diagram.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Not sure if this was posted yet, but apparently Scorpion has the 2015 covered ;-)

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/product-details.html?autoid=1590

Don't know if I'm gonna commit though. Mainly because of emissions and price (compared to a slip-on). When installing a full system, is a Power Commander obligatory?

P.S. Is it me? Or does the exhaust look Photoshoped in?
According to Motorcyclist magazine there is negligible change in power output and perhaps a decrease in runnability with an aftermarket exhaust unless a power commander or similar device is installed to adjust fueling to suit lower backpressure exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts