Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the exhaust i bought on ebay was listed for the ninja 650r, on scorpion web site the part # is the same part #for versys and er-n6. how hard is this to put on myself any pointers would be helpful. i bought some high temp silcone gasket maker for the installation is this what i should use ? thanks MAX

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have that Scorpion on mine. It is REALLY LOUD! I put a baffle in it and it is tolerable now. The strange thing, and I was not expecting it at all, is it seemed to move the powerband down a bunch. That thing gets with it when you crank the throttle. Not my imagination there. Top end seems to be the same.

Not difficult to put on. When you are taking the stock can off, you have to do a lot of wiggling to get it past the tire. It would have been easier to pull the rear wheel.

I have since decided that I like the stock, quiet, can better. I will be removing the scorpoin soon. If anybody wants a great deal on a low mileage scorpion, let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, where can i buy a baffle for the scorpion exhaust and what size of baffle do i need, i don;t want my neighbors complaining about my bike being to loud eveytime i start up and ride it. Thanks MAX

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have that Scorpion on mine. It is REALLY LOUD! I put a baffle in it and it is tolerable now. The strange thing, and I was not expecting it at all, is it seemed to move the powerband down a bunch. That thing gets with it when you crank the throttle. Not my imagination there. Top end seems to be the same.

Not difficult to put on. When you are taking the stock can off, you have to do a lot of wiggling to get it past the tire. It would have been easier to pull the rear wheel.

I have since decided that I like the stock, quiet, can better. I will be removing the scorpoin soon. If anybody wants a great deal on a low mileage scorpion, let me know.
SOOooo what is a "Really great deal" ???;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks for the info, where can i buy a baffle for the scorpion exhaust and what size of baffle do i need, i don;t want my neighbors complaining about my bike being to loud eveytime i start up and ride it. Thanks MAX
I bought the baffle from this guy, on ebay. Fast shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-3-4-1-7-8-2-BAFFLE-BAFFLES-EXHAUST-HARLEY-DS202018_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem140304677919QQitemZ140304677919QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do you have just the can or the full system? Either way I may interested.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm buying soft bags and hand guards tonight, so my Versys funds are now depleted for the month.
Frank, you need to post pix when you get it. I want to see it on a Green.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts