Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is Rang from Thailand. Getting myself a black 2011 V today. I travel a lot between the Northern province of Chiang Mai and Bangkok the capital. From now on some of these trips will be on the V I guess ^^. The main difference between those of you in temperate zones and us around the tropic is we ride in winter, and our winter is either short or barely exists, so, will make sure I put on proper miles before this one ends.

First trip is day after tomorrow to Mae Hong Son with my buddy, some 300 miles/500 km loop. The road is very winding and mountainous with of course great scenery. Wish me luck and thank you all for tons of information/inspiration from this community!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome: I ran some of that loop last year. It has to be one of the best motorcycle roads in the world!
I am surprised to see that a V is allowed in Thailand. Are they importing them now?
Thanks and good riding.

·
Administrator
8,398 Posts
:welcome: neighbour and have done rides into Thailand -Had Yai. Catch up soon for some ride up North. MHS loop.

If you are down south give a shout and will catch up for a ride. Got good V buddies here.

:goodluck: on you ride and take it easy.

:cheers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thx for your warm welcome guys. I am quite surprise to learn that many members are familiar with the MHS route so here's something to bring back those sweet memories ^^. The edited one will follow but it might take some time, I'm not good at VDO.

Some answer to your questions:

org123: As far as I know the V's entire production was shifted to Thailand in 2010. Actually it's the reason I can afford one, no import tax lol. Don't forget to let me know when you come back to complete the loop, bro.

kiwi 41: Yep mild winter, did visit Tassie in July years ago and learn that truth the hard way. :mad:

GR: Chai Yo! :cheers:

Element: the Secret Soi sound so familiar, must be either one of the member here or ADV rider forum I think. The route in the VDO is lower North/upper Northeastern Thailand. Am wondering could that be TonyBKK's?

Fastoman: Keep in touch bro, the's a chance we will take a trip down the peninsular this year.

stleee29: I did hitch-hike CM MHS back in the 80's but was too drunk/stoned to remember much! Agreed it must be beautiful though. Ah... those happy days...

·
Administrator
8,398 Posts
Ranti.

Most welcomed and we are to be at Phuket sometime early this year and also looking at MHS loop.

Will keep you informed and drop a PM if you are coming down this way. KIWI 41 is coming down here June/July.

:cheers:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ranti

Ben yaang ray baang? I spent 16 months in Thailand; 6 in Bangkok, a month in Korat, two months in Yasothorn, 4 in Udonthani, and a month in Lamphang(give or take). I'd love to come back and ride, do some climbing on the southern coast (deep water soloing) and just eat like crazy. If only I could go back before I forget the language entirely, as I did have fluency at one point!

·
Premium Member
16,308 Posts
Welcome... If possible when you post some photos of your bike could you get a shot of the instrument panel

·
Registered
244 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ranti

Ben yaang ray baang? I spent 16 months in Thailand; 6 in Bangkok, a month in Korat, two months in Yasothorn, 4 in Udonthani, and a month in Lamphang(give or take). I'd love to come back and ride, do some climbing on the southern coast (deep water soloing) and just eat like crazy. If only I could go back before I forget the language entirely, as I did have fluency at one point!
Wow that's a neat Esarn tour I'd love to have myself!

Welcome... If possible when you post some photos of your bike could you get a shot of the instrument panel
Why not? Here you go:

Looking for something specifically?

Congrats on the new bike, and welcome to the forum.
HNY to you too :D

From my postion on the globe i will be coming up not down haha, :D
To Phuket? When?

My gang has been discussing a trip down South to SG midyear or KL around year end to see a race or something - not a motor sports fan myself. Anyway if timing is right I'd love to meet you and Oman somehow!

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
To Phuket? When?

My gang has been discussing a trip down South to SG midyear or KL around year end to see a race or something - not a motor sports fan myself. Anyway if timing is right I'd love to meet you and Oman somehow!
My wife and me Flying into KL in Mid June, will go to Singapore, catch up with some of the versys riders in Malaysia and may get up to Thailand but we not fixed on how things will go yet.

Yep if we can catch up that would be great.

Phil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.