Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back from Sargent Cycle and they are going to use my Versys for research and development for their saddle. They already have a saddle (I assume from one of you) but need to see it on a bike. I was told to drop off my bike Monday the 14th and that it should only take 2 or 3 days to finish. So hopefully they will be on the market in a couple of weeks. Once it's completed and I've rode on it I'll give yall an update on this thread.:D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rat,
Are they going to take out the forward slope? And maybe a bit taller for those of us that need it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Bad Tat,
They are using my bike to make three seats: a template prototype to replace the stock seat, a seat someone else has sent them (don't know the specs on it) and a custom seat for me. My seat I'm trying to get taller which is going to be hard to do because I also want to take out the forward slope. I don't know how their template is gonna sit but I think they are making it a little lower to deal with the slope issue. When they are done making it I will ride it and let you know how the prototype rides and my custom rides.

See the problem is their upholstery is a lot thicker than stock, so if you make the seat taller than the front edge of the underbody(of the seat) when you beef up the front and you stretch the upholstery over it, it will give you a kind of bulbous front to your seat so when I go back on monday we'll see if they can make it taller, eliminate the slope and make it aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rat,
I would think they will recover the seat once modified as they did with my Dakar seat years ago.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hope its soon and comfortable. My butt is killing me. :mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ratmonkey...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :clap: :yeahsmile: :thumb:

I hope I can speak for other Versys riders (current and future) who owe you a huge debt of gratitude for being willing to give up your bike for a couple days to do this.

I'm in love with their seats, and knowing that they will now (eventually) have a seat for the V, it makes it much more likely that a Versys will now be my next bike purchase in a few months.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had a Sargent saddle on my ZRX1200 and loved it. Super comfort and quality, plus it had a little tube to hold important papers. Too bad the V has nearly zero underseat storage.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Make sure you let the people a Sargent know that there are many of us out here that would like to have our saddles upgraded. Let us know cost and time to do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Just got the Sargent seat and it's awesome! It's a little taller and it does address the forward slope issue a little bit although not as much as I had hoped. The foam is a lot firmer than stock and it is way more comfortable. I think Sargent is charging $375 and you have to send yer seat to them but it only takes about 2 days for completion.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok Ratmonkey, get away from the computer and go for a ride. Let your boss know that you can not come in the of the week as you are performing very important butt saving research!

Great looking seat, hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Graham,
Want to get a big box and send in two together?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bad,
Time Graham and I get to Nonan we are half way to Jax!!!:)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts