Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

i just joined after reading some posts and thought this to be a useful site.
i live in saratoga county and purchased my 09 used with only 3400 miles. looks brand spanking new. i got it pretty cheap, at least all the upfront depreciation is gone.
i like the bike but i have some problems with the ergonomics (riding posture) that need to be addressed. i am 6 foot with 34+ inseam and longer arms than a standard shirt would fit. the seating posture has me sliding forward(really annoying) and the seat is most uncomfortable. those 2 will be dealt with first. i also find the handle bars to feel narrow and the mirrors don't let you see directly behind me. one other thing that bugs me is a fuel guage that is not even close. i get about 80 miles and i am showing a half tank, then when i get close to 100 miles i am down to one bar remaining. if i get about 50 mpg, that is way off. i will just have to set one of my trip meters to measure my gas.

what i like is the handling and the feel. for the price of this machine new, it is definitely a great all around bike. my primary use is to commute and save wear and tear on my car.

my other bikes are 2005 bmw r1200gs and a trail bike and quad for off road fun.

i do have a quick question.

where is the website for motowerks accessories?

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Hi and welcome jeff, there are a lot of posts on mirrors and seat issues for you to read, me personally do not have a sliding problem or any issue with stock seat. The fuel tank holds 19L or 5.0 US gal and when you are down to the last bar it is at 5L or 1.3 US gal and when the last bar starts flashing you have 3.5L or 0.9 US gal of fuel left.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome! I am also a taller rider. Does your Beemer feel better out of the box? That may be my next bike (already thinking ahead!).

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I put on some moose racing quad bars a bit wider than the stock versys bars made of steel, and some emgo mirrors, know I can see behind me just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Jeff,
I just posted for the first time this week; I'm still waiting for a green 09 to come in--it will most likely be in the dealership tomorrow or Wednesday. I live in Wilton with a Gansevoort address and hope to do some commuting as well. I haven't seen too many other Versys(how the Hell do you pluralize a made up word?) What color will you be on?

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts