Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a chance I could get a transfer to San Antonio, TX for work. I currently live near St. Louis, MO. I’ve done some research on the weather, but would like to hear from a rider who lives there. Currently I mostly commute and ride down to 37 degrees in the winter, up to low triple digits in the summer. I just winterized my bike last weekend because other than the occasional nice day, temps will be down in the 20s and low 30s when I leave for work.What is the riding weather like there in the dead of winter and the heat of summer? Is it pretty easy to ride year round?

Also, in general, how is the riding around there. Is everyone pretty friendly to motorcycles? I’d be working at JBSA Lackland and trying to live within a 30 mile radius.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You will be very lucky as theres plenty of places to ride around Sn Antonio . You will enjoy the Three Sisters Loop near Leakey (westbound of SA). And you have the tourist town of Fredericksburg as well as Austin in the north .
As to winter weather its going to be cold nights as SA is part of the Edwards Plateau or Hill Country. And plenty of sunny milder temps during the daytime. With the winter freeze we had back in Feb that was brutal . A lot of home pipes burst and got flooded. Most installed pipes were not rated for such an event.

www.ventusky.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well I have lived here nearly 30 years now.. Summers can be pretty tuff during the hottest time July-September.
if I go for a ride it’s early in the morning. And am done by noon…you eventually get used to the heat, but it still not very pleasant. Most winters are pretty mild. Riding is near perfect right now. Mid 70’s during the day. there is a period of a month or so where we get a “real” winter..down to near freezing at night, and not much warmer during the day.
There is about 7-8 months where the riding weather is great. You could ride/commute year round here if you are prepared. Let me know if you have more questions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts