Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 09 last Saturday at an auction with 17k miles. it has a givi windscreen, a Shad rack, and two switched acc plugs in the dash. Tires and chain look decent. I registered it last night but I haven't had it out on the road yet. I did ride it around my mobile home park. I am about 5'4" and after doing just a little riding I noticed how sore my calf muscles are from balancing it, so I ordered the lowering kit and stand foot from Moto Werk Monday morning. It should be here today or tomorrow. I also ordered a 44l top box to go on my rack from homcom out of Canada. I read about it here and the price was an amazing 55$ shipped. My other bike is a lowered 1987 zl1000 Eliminator and this Versys is a much lighter but also a lot taller. I have a huge windshield on the Eliminator and a small bag on the rear seat. Also I have Rox 2" risers on the Eliminator. The Versys has a lot more legroom and I don't know if I will even need to raise the bars on it. It feels quite sporty even compared to the 1000cc motor of the "Beast". The ergos seem a lot more relaxed and I like the fuel injection. I had been looking for a fz1, n1k or z1000 but I think this Versys is gonna do everything I need. I may look for a taller windscreen, hand shields and heated grips later towards fall.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm either blessed or plagued with a 28" inseam so the Moto Werks lowering kit was an immense improvement. Now the only problem I face is that the older I become, the heavier stuff becomes. Over the years I've owned my Versys it's gained a bunch of pounds (but I can't seem to locate them). Must be some sort of Commie Pinko plot! Couldn't possibly be the loss of upper body strength - I'm only 72. Oh wait, maybe it could - rats!! :surprise::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
19,436 Posts
...Over the years I've owned my Versys it's gained a bunch of pounds (but I can't seem to locate them)....
Arion - FWIW - when I added the DENALI lights yesterday, as well as the pound or so that they weigh, I used about 10 zip-ties, and several inches of electrical tape....

It's the LITTLE things that add up!

>:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow the lowering link was delivered this morning. Maybe that's why they call him speedy Gonzales.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed my top case, lowering kit, dropped my front forks and installed the lowered flat foot. I used my 2x4 bike jack with a piece of 2" rigid styrofoam under the muffler to jack the bike. It was very tippy so I used two tiedown straps from the ceiling to the bars to stabilize it. Worked great. I still can't flat foot it but I can get the balls of my feet down. I did realize now that my dash reset button is not working.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put my rox 2" risers on and raised the front of my seat. Now I'm gonna take some measurements to order a calsci windscreen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts