Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for saddlebag supports that will work for soft luggage as well as double as a tail protector and am a little frustrated by the scarcity of options. Happy Trails and Givi appear to be the only beefy support system out there. Shad's soft case supports are insubstantial at best.

What are you guys using on your X300's?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion! I've ordered a set, plus a couple other goodies from these folks. If they come in this week, I hope to get them installed this weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m not using anything. I have the Nelson-Rigg Sport 50 saddlebags. The rear grab rail keeps them up and out so I don’t have to worry about the tire or exhaust.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I installed the AdventureTech soft saddlebag supports, the wider kickstand foot, and the over-dash shelf. AdventureTech accessories are very impressive - everything is quality metal. And the prices are top notch! Definitely glad 4vman1 recommended them. :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
I made my own out of .125" aluminum plate. It was pretty simple and they work great. If someone would tell me how to Drag and Drop with an Android tablet I would appreciate it. I will see if I can get them into my gallery
Sorry my photos won't go in the Gallery either.

Randy

Reactions: LuvNot

·
Registered
68 Posts

I installed the AdventureTech soft saddlebag supports, the wider kickstand foot, and the over-dash shelf. AdventureTech accessories are very impressive - everything is quality metal. And the prices are top notch! Definitely glad 4vman1 recommended them. :D
What bags are you planning on using? My AdventureTech saddlebag supports came in, but I'm not going to mount them until I pick out bags. I want to avoid the droopy look I so often see.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What bags are you planning on using? My AdventureTech saddlebag supports came in, but I'm not going to mount them until I pick out bags. I want to avoid the droopy look I so often see.
I have a couple of cheap waterproof backpacks that I plan to sew together at the straps to throw over the back. They are only 20L bags, so they should be short enough to not droop, but large enough for my needs. Anything larger can sit between the bags on the back seat between them. I'll post pictures as soon as I finish them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts