Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A search turned up soft saddle bag supports that a forum member was making but he isn't any more. I just bought a pair of Cortech soft saddle bags. Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
So would I. Just got my soft bags and first thought I had was that I need to get some sort of support for them.

Beamed from my Gnex

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saddle bad support

People are showing off their DIY supports but no one is selling a pair. I'm not good at fabricating myself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I really like this idea via "KsMason71"

Would be easy if you can find some round stock. Maybe material from an aluminum patio chair could be used . . . painted flat black (hack saw & flatten the ends):

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have a set made by a forum member. Never been out of the package as my plans changed. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heres some I made from stainless steel, 1/2" round stock, welded to a machined hollow spacer to replace the reflector. I bolted the upper end to the top plate I built to bolt over the SW Motec which was to small for the soft bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
Any electrician could bend up a set in 15 minutes; flattenning and drilling the ends would be your own deal tho???

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just go to any Home Depot or Lowes, and get a conduit bender. Plumbers use them all day long and they work perfectly. Nice smooth radii. I just looked them up at Home Depot, and for one that does 1/2" tubing, it is $32.90.
Not bad to get a professional looking bend. I think I am going to try using some .062" 61ST aircraft aluminum I have here at work and have our laser cut it out in a "T" shape with a hole where the reflector is. I may have to put a couple
of bends in it to get the "T" out to where I need it to make contact with my bags, but that's easy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts